Live GIS Disc FAQ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For the public good and for your own future reference please record any FAQs here, even if you can only supply the Q
- Q: How can I find the answer to a question which isn't here?
- A: Use the search tool in the mailing list archives, or put it here and wait for someone else to fill in the A:.
- Q: What's the live user's name and password?
- A: user/user. See the passwords.txt file on the desktop for application specific database user/passwords.
- Q: What's the root password?
- A: There isn't one. To run commands as root type `sudo <command>` in a terminal. To become root type `sudo - su`. Enter the user's password when prompted.
- Q: How do I ssh into the Live Disc?
- A: You must first generate unique RSA/DSA keys for your machine. For security reasons this has not been done automatically. Open a terminal and type:
sudo ssh-keygen -t dsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key sudo ssh-keygen -t rsa -f /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
- If enabling remote login access you should change the user account's default password with the passwd command.
Building the disc
- Q: How do I roll my own version of the disc?
- A: See the Live GIS Build wiki page