Live GIS Presentation
This page describes how to access and describes one way to create the OSGeo-Live Presentation and Video.
- Open Office Slides
- Accompanying Script
Other OSGeo-Live Presentations
- March 2012, Spanish
- Authors: Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas, Pedro-Juan
- What is the OSGeo LiveDVD and project
- The point of view of a local chapter: How the Spanish Local chapter has worked on the project on translations
- The point of view of a software project: How gvSIG has worked on the project.
- June 2011 "Memoirs of a Cat Herder - Coordinating OSGeo-Live volunteers"
- Author: Cameron Shorter
- The key success factors OSGeo-Live has used to attract and manage volunteers for OSGeo-Live
- Also a bit about the project
About the OSGeo-Live Presentation
We have created a half hour presentation, which provides a brief introduction the OSGeo Foundation, OGC standards, and starting the DVD. It then provides a lightning (20 second) overview of all applications installed on this DVD, which effectively provides a birds eye view of the breadth of robust GeoSpatial Open Source Software available.
We hope this presentation will be useful for people preparing presentations about geospatial open source.
Building the Powerpoint slides
The slides simply contain a title, and a screen shot which is copied from the Project Overviews.
Building the script
The script is derived primarily from the first paragraph or two of the Project Overviews, adjusted slightly to ensure that the script flows well between slides.
Building the video on ubuntu
I'm sure there is an easier way to create a video, but here are steps which have worked so far.
- Create Images of Slides
- Install "shutter", an application for taking screen shots
sudo apt-get install shutter
- Change Screen Resolution to 1024x768
- Use shutter to take screen shot of each Open Office slide.
- Audio recording
- Use XXX to record the script for each slide
- Use Kdenlive to cut and paste the audio and video together