Memorandum of Understanding
This Memorandum of Understanding is a DRAFT only.
- Memorandum of Understanding between
- The Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to establish a collaborative relationship between the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) and the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS). Both parties to this MOU share the goal of developing on a global basis collaboration opportunities for academia, industry and government organizations in open source GIS software and data.
The MOU will cover the following proposals and topics:
- To link the photogrammetry and remote sensing communities with the Open Source geospatial community.
- To promote the distribution and use of open geo-data sets in all communites.
- To promote the development of related photogrammetry and remote sensing Open Source software.
- To work closely with the Geo for All initiative, to help promote openness in education and research.
- To hold joint international workshops on global geo-information sharing through the use of open geo-data sets and Open Source geospatial software.
This MOU will be reviewed annually by both parties at which time revisions may be made and the agreement renewed.
- Chen Jun, President, ISPRS
- Jeff McKenna, President, OSGeo