Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Memorandum of Understanding 2018
Memorandum of Understanding
- between the
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) and Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- March 2018
- Signed Mou OSGeo & TIB (pdf)
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to establish a collaborative relationship between the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) and the Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) – German National Library of Science and Technology. Both parties to this MOU share the goal of helping to openly share and discover geo-information with all communities.
The MOU will cover the following proposals and topics:
- To assist in developing an open archive for discovery of FOSS4G event materials
- To preserve past scientific documents and materials as part of OSGeo foundation projects
- To work closely with existing initiatives such as GeoForAll to help archive necessary geospatial research
- To enhance the discoverability of OSGeo-related content by research and development activities (including automated metadata enrichment, linked open data, and ontology-based approaches)
This MOU will be reviewed biennially by both parties at which time revisions may be made and the agreement renewed.
- Dr. Bastian Drees on behalf of Prof. Dr. Sören Auer, Director, Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
- Maria Arias de Reyna, President, Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo)
The initial liaisons and their contact data is as follows:
Primary OSGeo Liaison
- Peter Löwe, OSGeo Charter Member, ploewe AT osgeo.org
Secondary OSGeo Liaison
- Astrid Emde, OSGeo Secretary, astrid_emde AT osgeo.org
Primary TIB Liaison
- Bastian Drees, Communication & Marketing TIB, bastian.drees AT tib.eu