This is the new name and home of the Promotion and Visibility Committee.
The committee Infrastructure currently comprises a Mailing List and regular meetings on IRC.
- Add agenda items here
- Case Studies
- discuss first draft of updated & new logos
- discuss spending money to appear at conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Budget in general
- Events in general
- Flyer for GSoC 2008, distribute broadly
- Swot Analysis
Agenda and Meeting Protocols
- Marketing Meeting 2008.01.30
- Marketing Meeting 2008.01.16
- Marketing Meeting 2007.12.05
- Marketing Meeting 2007.11.21
- Marketing Meeting 2007.10.24
- Marketing Meeting 2007.10.10
- Also see VisCom Meetings for older ones
Committee members are eligible to vote. The process to become Committee member is rather informal, just send a list to introduce yourself to the list, describe your interests and - please - attend to meetings.
- Develop a Marketing Plan
- More to come...
Everyone is welcome to work with this committee and contribute, whether or not you are a formal member of the committee. Please join the Marketing mailing list and introduce yourself.
The Marketing Committee oversees the issuing of press releases for the Foundation (Press Release Process). Got some news you think is worthy of an OSGeo press release, or want to help translate some text? Let us know! Past press releases:
- 6 March 2006 - "OSGeo Created"
- Press Release 2006-07-19 "OSGeo at 6-month mark"
- Press Release 2006-10-06 "FOSS4G 2006 Conference Summary"
- Press_Release_2006-10-19 "Tyler selected as ED"
- Press_Release_2007-08-03 "Service Provider Directory Launched"
The Marketing Committee is responsible the Foundation's presence tradeshows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Category:Events page by adding the Category to the corresponding page.
We have access to a trac system as task-management tool but are curently not actively using it.
- to be moved to trac:
It was planned to create an extensive library of presentations, white papers and other materials in the OSGeo Library at http://www.osgeo.org/library. Find more descriptions and links on the Library Page of this Wiki and get in contact through the Marketing Mailing List if you need anything that you cannot find in the library.