Marketing Meeting 2020-11-27

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.

Meeting Details




  • Scribing: Astrid
  • Attending: Enock, Astrid, Jody (part of the meeting), Laura

budget for 2021

  • postponed to January 2021 meeting

FOSDEM 6 & 7 February 2021

  • application for a geospatial devroom by Astird / Luca
  • no decision yet
  • if accepted we need to find +-20 speaker and moderate 1 day
  • would be great if we can find more volunteers to help with the event

Podcast Status

  • mapscaping: money was paid. Now 4 podcast can run
  • If there is interest in our community for more we can extend this program

Podcast Episodes

  • GeoServer: IN PROCUCTION Jody
  • Daniel contacted GRASS team
  • maybe OSGeoLive - TODO: Astrid, Enock contact team and ask


  • what is the plan: webinar / monthly / start in March 2021
  • ongoing regularly webinars every month with changing topics
  • would be great if the presenters could change, attract senior students to get involved
  • would be open to the world and recordings on YouTube
  • add as resource on
  • Release OSGeoLive 14 expected for January 2021
  • provide USBs with Version 14 - discuss in 2021
  • Maybe good starting date will be March 2021
  • TODO Astrid: RUFORUM respond to the thread via email: suggest a call, they can suggest a meeting time 14 UTC and later

Website Tickets

  • check Tickets Website improvements
  • There are many website tickets and it is not clear who will work on them
  • idea to make a sprint with Jody to check the tickets and define actions
  • TODO: Enock will contact Jody to ask whether a meeting could be possible (fallback could be Vicky)

OSGeo Events

We welcome Laura

  • Laura joined the marketing meeting. She would like to join the team.
  • TODO: Laura sends a mail to the marketing list. Astrid will then make a motion



Next meeting