- 1 Deadlines and Timetable
- 2 Marketing Plan Outline
- 2.1 Executive Summary
- 2.2 The Challenge
- 2.3 Situation Analysis
- 2.4 Climate
- 2.5 Market Segmentation
- 2.6 Alternative Marketing Strategies
- 2.7 Selected Marketing Strategy
- 2.8 Short & Long-Term Projections
- 2.9 Conclusion
- 2.10 Appendix
- 2.11 Calculations of market size, commissions, profit margins, break-even analyses, etc
Deadlines and Timetable
Marketing Plan Outline
This is and outline, any one can modify it, please help to improve this.
Last thing to be done
- What are OSGeo's Goals and how to achieve them.
- How many?
- Who are they?
- What drives them to OSGeo?
- What areas of OSGeo are more atractive to the largest number of people?
- What is a competitor for OSGeo?
- Who are they?
- Where are we in relation to them?
- Developers, volunteers, employees, etc.
Macro-environmental PEST analysis
- Political and legal environment
- Economic environment
- Social and cultural environment
- Technological environment
Business Environment SWOT Analysis
A SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis of the environment around OSGeo. To complete this it is important to organize the environmental factors as follows:
- OSGeo's internal attributes (classified as strengths and weaknesses).
- OSGeo's external environment (presents opportunities and threats).
Divide OSGeo's markets as follows:
- Segment 1
- Percent of the market
- Characteristics of this segment (What their interests in OSGeo are)
- How they use OSGeo
- Support requirements (How can they be stimulated)
- How to reach them
- Segment 2
- Same as segment 1
Alternative Marketing Strategies
A place to discuss the alternatives that were considered before arriving at the recommended strategy. Alternatives might include discontinuing a product, re-branding, positioning as a premium or value product, etc.
Selected Marketing Strategy
Discuss why the strategy was selected, list the marketing mix decisions (4 P's) of product, price, place (distribution), and promotion.
- Brand name
- Scope of product
- Price / Sponsoring (How can this be applied for OSGeo?)
- Distribution (Place)
- Who are the distributors?
- How do we classify them?
- Where are they located?
- Advertising, including how much and which media
- Public relations
- Promotional programs
- Budget; determine break-even point for any additional spending
- Projected results of the promotional programs
Short & Long-Term Projections
The selected strategy's immediate effects, expected long-term results, and any special actions required to achieve them. This section may include forecasts of revenues and expenses as well as the results of a break-even analysis.