OSGeo Community Projects
This wiki page is a scratchpad of ideas forming the OSGeo community program. To see how these ideas have been realized please see our website page.
The purpose of *OSGeo Community* projects is help foster innovation and include more project teams in the Open Source Geospatial Foundation.
About OSGeo Community Projects
Projects applying to the *OSGeo Community* program are asked to:
- Be geospatial
- Confirm by checking README or project description
- project page on the osgeo website
- We ask projects have some user documentation, for example an OSGeo Live quickstart
- Have a free license or an open source license.
- The license must be OSI approved
- We ask that the project team check the file headers and double check the license has been appropriately applied
- Welcome participation and new contributors.
- We look for a clear contribution policy
- We ask that the project demonstrate collaboration, perhaps with a history of bug report or pull requests
- Projects are required to have a code of conduct
OSGeo Community Projects can take part in the incubation committee for guidance on open source use, setting up project governance, promoting the project, and building the project community. We look forward to working with you.
For a complete list please see the osgeo website: menu > projects > community projects.
The following projects were added to the OSGeo Community program from the earlier program:
- Portable GIS
- Postal Address Geo-Coder
- Pronto Raster
- Virtual Terrain Project
The following projects have now graduated from incubation:
There is an archive of the old OSGeo Technology Projects page at OSGeo Labs Page Archive.