Difference between revisions of "OSGeo Marketing Discussions"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
* [http://opengeo.org/ OpenGeo group]
Latest revision as of 22:21, 7 December 2008
The internet is becoming the main tool to promote organizations, find users and create retention (making a user stay longer on the website and use it's service on a regular basis) on any place in the world. Internet marketing is a means in which to to find new users and contributers in a structured and mensurable way. Different from other kinds of marketing such as print. This kind of promotion allows the marketer to accurately measure marketing initiatives through logs generated by a web site's activity. Through this form of promotion, it is possible to:
- Improve a web site's usability
- Track where the main activities are being placed
- Measure conversions
- Track improvements made by marketing initiatives
Online Presence Presentation - Have a look and ad your opinions!!!
"I think it's really time to seriously look at how to market OSGeo as an organization to executives with checkbooks, and I think an improved web presence is a key part of that task." (Christopher Schmidt)
- Should this effort should be pursued within the existing marketing community in OSGeo, or pursued by some other group already existing within OSGeo?
Materials To improve
- Overview of OSGeo and what it is
- Overview of the projects that are currently supported by OSGeo, targeted towards executive -- rather than
developer-oriented -- summary
- How OSGeo achieves its goals in supporting these projects
- How organizations can help support OSGeo in the above task.
- E-Marketing Talk- Old document but worth a look.