OSGeo Virtual Community Sprint 2020
Due to COVID-19 the Annual OSGeo Code Sprint will happen online in 2020.
Bring together project members to make decisions and tackle larger geospatial problems as in previous years:
- Minnesota (2019)
- Bonn (2018)
- Daytona_Beach (2017)
- Paris (2016)
- Philadelphia (2015)
- Vienna (2014)
- Boston (2013)
- Island Wood (Seattle) (2012)
- Montreal (2011)
- New York City (2010)
- Toronto (2009)
Sponsoring Find out about Sponsoring the Event.
- Gold Sponsors
- Silver Sponsors
- Bronze Sponsors
Dates and Times
- Date: 2020 November 17-18-19
- Time: all day
Other Events in November 2020
- please add your event
- Main zoom channel for kick off and closing event (TBD)
- Jitsi channels will be listed here by projects
(i.e what do you wish/want/plan to work on during the sprint ?)
- Work towards 14.0 release
- Work towards PostGIS 3.1.0 in Sept/Oct
- Work towards 3.9.0 release
- GeoServer MapML Community Module:
- Validate / socialize concepts, work toward extension module status
Please add your name and the projects you are planning to sprint and note the likeliness of your attendance.
|1||Angelos Tzotsos||GR||tzotsos(at)osgeo.org||OSGeo||pycsw, OSGeoLive, GeoNode, UbuntuGIS, pygeoapi, OTB||x||x||x|
|2||Michael Smith||US||Michael.smith.erdc(at)gmail.com||USACE||pdal, gdal, mapserver||x||x||x|
|3||Peter Rushforth||CA||peter.rushforth(at)gmail.com||W3C Maps for HTML Community Group||GeoServer MapML Community Module||x||x||x|
|4||Luca Delucchi||ITemail@example.com||Fondazione Edmund Mach||GRASS GIS, pyModis, OSGeoLive||x||x||x|
|5||Vaclav Petras||US||wenzeslaus(at)gmail.com||North Carolina State University||GRASS GIS||x||x||x|
|6||Seth Girvin||FR/IE||sethg(at)geographika.co.uk||OSGeo||MapServer, OSGeoLive, GeoExt||x||x||x|
|7||Astrid Emde||DE||astrid_emde (at) osgeo.org||OSGeo||OSGeoLive||x starting at 14 UTC each day||x||x|
|8||Veronica Andreo||ARfirstname.lastname@example.org||Conicet||GRASS GIS||x||x||x|
|9||Vicky Vergara||MXemail@example.com||OSGeo||OSGeoLive pgRouting MobilityDB||x||x||x|
|10||Gobe Hobona||GB||ghobona (at) ogc.org||OGC||Team Engine and Implementations of OGC APIs||x||x||x|
|11||Stephan Meißl||AT||stephan.meissl (at) eox.at||EOX||Various as time permits||(x)||(x)||(x)|
|12||Add your details here|
- Please join the mailing list: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/tosprint
- IRC chat during the event: #tosprint Server: irc.freenode.net
- Gitter channel: https://gitter.im/OSGeo/Sprint
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) has a long tradition of organizing code sprints for developers of Open Source GIS software. (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Code_Sprints).
An international community/code sprint for OSGeo will take place Nov 17-19, 2020.
We expect about 80 developers from all over the world to come from various OSGeo projects. Whether desktop application, geospatial library, metadata catalog or web mapping: be sure to find products in the list that you use. The sprint is also an opportunity for your developers to meet with the core developers of the projects, get a deeper insight into the software and participate in the development.
This years' sprint will take place online.
In addition to the costs of providing the technical infrastructure and space, food and drink for the developers represents the main cost. Morning/afternoon meals and drinks during the day are planned. In addition, we hope to provide several evening meals and social events.
In order to cover these costs we would be overjoyed to accept offers of sponsorship!
What we can offer:
- Your logo on top of the community sprint website as well as on all official documents used during the sprint
- Acknowledgement in all sprint related emails
- Our undying gratitude, which comes in handy when you least expect it (remember that feature you wanted?)
Our sponsorship levels:
- Gold: >= 2500 USD
- Silver: 1500 USD
- Bronze: 750 USD
- get your company talking to the top project developers.
- encourage your GIS developers to take advantage of this opportunity, there is no better opportunity to learn!
- support the software you use - you benefit immediately.
Thank you very much!
Contact: To sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- OSGeo Board
We are looking forward to the next OSGeo Code Sprint!