Chapter Mission Statement
- To support the development of open source geospatial software, and promote its
widespread use in Poland.
- To support the INSPIRE implementation in Poland, based on open source geospatial
- To promote GIS education based on open source geospatial software in Poland.
- To develop and promote Polish open source geospatial software.
To provide the platform for open source geospatial software community integration in Poland (mailing list, forum, documentation, reference spatial data sets, wiki, etc.).
To provide an organized structure for experiences and knowledge sharing in Poland (workshops, conferences, demonstration, etc.).
To organize users, software developers and interested volunteers in Poland.
To lobby for the idea of open source geospatial software within Polish academic community.
To encourage the implementation of open standards and standards-based interoperability in the Polish SDI (including metadata).
To become SDIC in INSPIRE.
To support software internationalization and localization to Polish requirements.
To organize the resources for foundation projects.
To provide direct links to the OSGeo.
- Initial member list:
- Adam Iwaniak (University of Environmental and Life Sciences)
- Tomasz Kubik (Wroclaw University of Technology)
- Bartosz Kopańczyk (Geoscope, Inc.)
- Paweł Netzel (University of Wroclaw)
- Witold Paluszyński (Wroclaw University of Technology)
- Tomasz Kubik