Proposed Project Submission Process
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Project Evaluation Criteria
Criteria for prioritizing projects for the incubation process.
- the code is under an OSI approved license.
- project willing to keep code clear of encumberances (committer agreements, etc).
- the project is "geospatial", or directly in support of geospatial applications.
- already reasonably mature (working quality code).
- already has a substantial user community.
- already has a substantial developer community.
- adheres to standards (ie. OGC, etc) where appropriate.
- has linkages with existing foundation projects.
- fills a gap in the foundation software stack.
- prepared to develop in an open and collaberative fashion.
Project Submission Questions
Questions to ask of project teams wishing to enter incubation.
- Name, location, affiliations (eg. corporate), etc.
- Short description of the submitter
- Project Name
- Open source license selection
- One line description
- Detail description
- Status (no code, alpha, beta, released)
- Why is this project important to this community?
- Are there others involved in the development of the project? How many active comitters are there?
- How many users do you currently have?
- If you have users, can you describe a few and how your code has helped them?
- Are there other open source projects related to this one or compete with it?
- What libraries do you use or plan to use?
- Are there any patents or possible ownership issues?
- Please feel free to add other information that we have not asked that would help ensure that we know enough about your project to accept it into our community.