SAC Meeting 2010-06-07
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 07:19, 22 October 2017 by Neteler (talk | contribs) (Neteler moved page SAC:June2010 meeting to SAC Meeting 2010-06-07: sortable name)
SAC OSL Transition Meeting
Tentatively planned for June 10th at 11am EST: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2010&month=06&day=10&hour=15&min=0&sec=0
Place: #osgeo IRC channel on freenode.
- Alex: Brief summary of the VM creation status at OSL.
- Created: Web,Secure,Wiki,QGIS,Webextra,Tracsvn,Backup
- Assign primary responsibility for transition of various key services (wiki, backup, mailman, trac/svn, ldap)
- Backup strategy - Staggered Backup times, Sync to telescience?
- Refine timeline for migration.
- Refine role of the less obvious VMs like "webextra", and "projects".
- Discuss access control strategy (sac, telescience and qgis shell groups for instance)
- Discuss service documentation strategy
- Discuss how we interact with OSL, and how we get access "under the VMs".
- In the works, access to the host machines will be granted via ssh keys, the same keys used for root on the VMs.
- Support for SSL logins to our services.
Attending:FrankW, Wolf, CRSchmidt, nhv, strk, wildintellect, TylerM, Arnulf
- Chris reported on current progress, notably with the trac/svn transition.
- Porting services off osgeo2:
- planet.osgeo.org: Chris, to webextra VM
- qgis.org: macho, otto, to qgis VM
- community.osgeo.org: Tyler needs to harvest some info to Web VM
- Plan to shutdown osgeo2 by end of June.
- webextra vs. projects:
- webextra is SAC administered "foundation" services, shell group "sac"
- wildintellect migrating live.osgeo.org to webextra.
- projects is user/project administered services, shell group "telascience".
- Project VM sized at 250GB disk, 8GB RAM, 4 CPUs: wildintellect to request creation from OSUOSL
- metadata, grass and mapbender services will be establish on Projects VM until a compelling reason is found to establish project specific VMs.
- Plan to shutdown osgeo1 no later than the end of September.
- Web VM will have all the Drupal sites (osgeo.org, fdo, mapguide) and the port will be done by Wolf, Tyler and (Anne Ghisla)aghisla
- Mail VM (mailman, postfix): FrankW for Mailman, someone yet to be named to do the email/postfix configuration.
- ldap.osgeo.org: Martin to migrate this to the secure VM.
- we expect bare iron access to the two physical servers in the next week or two from OSU OSL.