SAC Service Status
Infrastructure of OSGeo System Administration Committee (SAC)
This page only describes some of the core systems and is not a full description of the telascience reality in any way
- xblade10-2 (220.127.116.11) FC4
- xblade11-2 (18.104.22.168) FC4
- new server: new install, ldap enabled, yum updated July 20th/2006.
- geodata.telascience.org; Assigned for geodata work for now, and to be named dev.geodata.osgeo.org or something similar. Binaries on geodata:
- all GIS binaries are installed into /usr/local/*
- /usr/local/lib was added to /etc/ld.so.conf
- xblade12-2 (22.214.171.124) FC4
- new server: new install, no ldap or remotely mounted home.
- This machine is allocated to Kids GIS Portal
- xblade13-2 (126.96.36.199) FC4
- shell.telascience.org: Lots of software installed, general use.
- xblade14-2 (188.8.131.52) FC4
- new server: new install, ldap enabled, yum updated July 19th/2006.
- using for Frank and Mateusz' experiments with OSGeo BuildBot Configuration.
- xblade15-2 (184.108.40.206) FC4
- ldap.telascience.org: Fedora Directory Server. LDAP server.
- osgeo.telascience.org: Plone
- txtmob.telascience.org: SMS Smart Mob system
- gpstrack.telascience.org: Plone GPS / APRS / Cell tracking .... wishing ;)
- ISO mirroring
- sparcblade8 (220.127.116.11) Solaris 2.9
- civicspace.telascience.org: experimental community portal
- LDAP (on .74.220)
- Plone (on .74.220)
- HTTPD (on .74.220)
- .216/.217/.218/.219: need Admin group in sudoers file.
- .74.220 is not using ldap authentication for shell access.
- Access to LDAP server needs to be restricted to specific machines somehow?
- We have to create userids on the LDAP server manually, can't be done through plone without a lot of work.
- Plone instance is not using LDAP for authentication.
Currently, shell access is limited to users in the LDAP schema under the "Shell" group. No further group authorization/granularity exists at this time. It is desireable to have "Shell" be broken into groups like "Database", "Subversion Admin", etc to distribute the administration of those tasks.