HyperCube is a debian etch machine, hosted at TelaScience, which is to be used for the Geodata repository and related tasks.
Currently, there is a second machine serving geodata related tasks: geodata.telascience.org, aka xblade11-2. Hopefully, we will be able to migrate from geodata to hypercube.
Any changes made to the machine -- software installed, changes to config files, etc. -- should be recorded here so that the machine is in a state which can be reproduced if it fails.
Data on HyperCube's local disk is not, at the moment, backed up or running under RAID. If your data is important, please keep a backup or keep it in SVN somewhere.
- sudo apt-get install libwww-perl Crschmidt 21:48, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- sudo apt-get install libgdal-doc libgdal1-1.3.2 libgdal1-1.3.2-grass python-gdal gdal-bin , markusN MODIS processing Crschmidt 21:07, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Created 'osgeo' group, added crschmidt, sderle, johng Crschmidt 21:03, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Created sderle user for Schuyler Erle Crschmidt 21:03, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Edited /etc/motd to reference this wiki page Crschmidt 21:00, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Disabled apparently unnecessary services openbsd-inetd, cupsys, netatalk, winbind for security purposes SchuylerErle 21:14 CEST
- Replaced exim4 with postfix SchuylerErle 21:14 CEST
- Installed Debian build tools (build-essential, devscripts, etc.) SchuylerErle 21:57 CEST
- Rebuilt and installed GDAL 1.4.0 using D-GIS packaging files. Had to change libcurl4 dependency to libcurl3. Source packages can be found in /usr/local/src. SchuylerErle 21:57 CEST