Toronto Code Sprint 2009
Bond Place Hotel
65 Dundas Street East
Telephone: +01 416 362 6061
Toll Free: 1 800 268 9390
When reserving, please specify "OSGeo" as the block name. There are 15 rooms under the OSGeo block name.
When: Mid-February to Mid-March, 2009.
Duration: Four days.
- Option 1, Feb 14-17, 2009
- Option 2, Feb 21-24, 2009
- Option 3, Feb 28-Mar 3, 2009
- Option 4, Mar 7-9, 2009
- Option 5, Mar 14-17, 2009
- Option 6, Mar 21-24, 2009
Get together project members to make decisions and tackle larger problems. We have chosen a mid-North American location because this code sprint is targeting members of the "C Tribe" (eg, Mapserver, GRASS, GDAL, Proj, PostGIS, MapGuide) and many members of the "C Tribe" are clustered in the area. Toronto is also a major travel hub, for sprinters traveling from afar. Other tribes are welcome to join the sprint, of course, but we hope that "C Tribe" members will give this event special consideration.
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Toronto, variable depending on where you are.
- Accommodation for four nights, $180 to $500 depending on whether you room share.
- Shared venue cost, $50 to $0 depending on whether we can arrange sponsors.
- Meals. Dinners at least, we may be able to cover lunches/morning snacks if we can find sponsors.
We are planning for attendance of 20-40. Please add your name and the projects you are hoping to sprint on, if you have a strong intention to attend. If there date options you cannot attend, please note them next to your entry.
- Paul Ramsey (PostGIS, Mapserver, Proj) (unable to attend option 5)
- Tom Kralidis (MapServer) (would be nice if spanned over weekend)
- Frank Warmerdam (GDAL/OGR, PROJ.4, MapServer, QGIS, OSGeo4W) (March is better than February)
- Thomas Bonfort (MapServer)
- Howard Butler (MapServer, GeoDjango, GDAL, CS-Map, spatialreference.org) (Options 5 and 6 not preferred)
- Jeff McKenna (MapServer docs, MS4W) - prefer weekend dates
- Steve Lime (MapServer) - option 4 as a last resort (kids spring break)
- Daniel Morissette (MapServer, GDAL/OGR) (can't do option 2, prefer options 3 to 6)
- Yewondwossen Assefa (MapServer) (prefer options 4 to 6)
- Andrew Ross (or someone else from Ingres) (GEOS, GDAL/OGR, Proj.4, CS-Map)
- Denise MacLeod (GEOS) (not option 5 or 6 - kids spring break)
- Chuck Thibert (GEOS)
- possibly 1 or 2 LizardTech engineers (Michael P. Gerlek as contact point), for GDAL & friends - no significant date preferences
- Leo Hsu and Regina Obe (PostGIS, GEOS, Mapserver) - prefer weekend dates
- Olivier Courtin (PostGIS, TinyOWS)
|Hotel||Block Rate?||Has meeting facilities?||Comments|
|Bond Place (map)||$79 CAD/night (single or double occupancy)||yes||Option 3 they are booked|
|Holiday Inn (map)||?||use U of T||na|
|Howard Johnson Yorkville (map)||?||no||na|
|Best Western Primrose (map)||$100 - $125/night (checking)||yes||waiting for return call|
|Facility||Cost||Outbound Bandwidth?||Single Cable Modem?||Comments|
|U of T||?||?||?||FrankW looking into this|
|Bond Place||$200 (+ 5% GST) per day for room, $250 for Internet (4 days). Total of $1050+tax||hotel is checking (Internet is outsourced)||hotel is checking (Internet is outsourced)||can house 20-40, have square (or round) rearrangable tables, can handle 40 wireless internet connections. Contact: Marisol Pena @ 416.362.6061 TODO: site visit (layout/setup, furniture). Have set 15 rooms against OSGeo block. Marisol will send contract for meeting room|