Difference between revisions of "User:Camerons"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
and of [http://.org ], a
Geospatial at [http://lisasoft.com ] in .
More at [http://cameron.shorter.net http://cameron.shorter.net]
Revision as of 14:24, 5 May 2012
Cameron Shorter is an active OSGeo member, based in Sydney, Australia, with a broad range of OSGeo experience which includes:
- Played a lead role in initiating and now coordinating development of OSGeo-Live, a self-contained bootable DVD, USB thumb drive or Virtual Machine, that allows you to try the best open source geospatial software without installing anything. It includes Project Overviews and Quickstarts for each of these projects.
- Primary author of the OSGeo-Live lightening overview presentation which describes the breath of Open Source Geosaptial Software, as well as being the primary editor of the OSGeo-Live Project Overviews and Quickstarts from which this presentation is derived.
- Chaired the international FOSS4G conference in 2009. This conference successfully made a modest profit, despite being run in the year of the Global Financial Crisis when many other conferences were running at a loss.
- Chair the OSGeo Marketing committee (from 2012).
- Active contributor to the OSGeo Incubation Committee, including co-authoring many of the Incubation Committee procedures, mentoring Geotools through incubation, and leading the Mapbuilder project through incubation.
- Previously served on the Project Steering Committees and committed code to OSGeo projects of GeoTools, OpenLayers and Mapbuilder.
- Presented at numerous conferences on topics of Geospatial, Open Source, and Open Standards.
- Write a blog on Open Source Geospatial Software.
- Lead the Geospatial division at LISAsoft which specialises in Geospatial Open Standards and Open Source.
More at http://cameron.shorter.net