Difference between revisions of "User:Kalxas"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|Phone=+30 693 2149344
|Phone=+30 693 2149344
Revision as of 07:34, 8 September 2016
|Job Title:||Geospatial Software Engineer, Senior Researcher|
|Company:||Freelancer, NTUA, Athena RC|
|Phone:||+30 693 2149344|
|Personal Description :||Angelos is a remote sensing expert with background in surveying engineering and software development. He is involved in numerous activities around free and open source software and has great experience in geospatial applications. His research involves remote sensing, machine learning, computer vision and object-based image analysis. He is an active advocate of OSGeo in Greece at related conferences. He is also an individual OGC member. His recent activity involved implementation of data.gov catalog service and implementation of the Greek national open data portal geodata.gov.gr.|
OSGeo Experience and Roles:
Researcher, Remote Sensing Laboratory, NTUA
Location: Athens, Greece
Angelos is a remote sensing expert with background in surveying engineering and software development. He is involved in numerous activities around free and open source software and has great experience in geospatial applications. His research involves object-based image analysis, machine learning, computer vision and remote sensing. He is an active advocate of OSGeo in Greece at related conferences.... more.
- OSGeo Experience
- OSGeoLive. PSC Chair, Build manager and developer.
- pycsw. PSC member, Core developer.
- Orfeo Toolbox. Developer.
- openSUSE official member and geospatial package maintainer in openSUSE:Factory (Application:Geo).
- ZOO Project. Contributor of linux packages and documentation. Core developer.
- GeoNode. Core developer.
- Gnorasi. Core developer.
- QGIS. Plugin developer (DigitizingTools, CadTools, MetaSearch)
- PublicaMundi. Core developer.
- data.gov implementation based on pycsw and CKAN. Developer.
- OWSlib. Contributor.
- MapServer. Packager.
- UbuntuGIS. Member and package maintainer.
- MSEG. Personal project
- GIMED. Personal project
- OSGeoLive presentations in various conferences: FOSS4G 2013, GeoDataCamp2010(pdf,image), HellasGI 2012 (slides), FOSSCOMM 2012 (video,slides)
- Geospatial Open Source Software presentations: GIMED metadata editor and INSPIRE metadata specifications at GeoDataCamp2010, MSEG at ASPRS 2006.
- Email: tzotsos AT gmail DOT com
- Email: gcpp.kalxas AT gmail DOT com
- Phone (mobile): +30 693 2149344
- Spoken Language(s)
- Greek, English
- Profile last updated
- 23 August 2016