Who I am
Hello, my name is Maxim Dubinin, I am currently:
- Founder and CEO of NextGIS - Opensource geospatial solutions provider focusing on Russia.
- Founder and current head of GIS-Lab - Geospatial community for experts and amateurs for Russian-speaking audience, founded in 2001.
What I've done
Things I have done personally or initiated or led:
- Wrote over 220 articles majority of which are about opensource GIS tools and data (en, ru)
- Participated in 11 communal projects at GIS-Lab and coordinated 5 of them, including translation of GRASS and gvSIG manuals, OSGeo Live docs, creation of the first truly open dataset of administrative division of Russia, etc.
- Wrote and co-authored 20+ QGIS plugins, submitted 100+ bugreports, participated in GDAL and QGIS source tree
- Sponsored OpenLayers and QGIS
- Threw the first Russian OpenStreetMap mapping party, 2009
- Started daily OSM extracts to OSM/PBF and ESRI Shapefiles for Russia (incl. regional ones) and former USSR, 2010 and ongoing
- Jump started Russian OpenStreetMap Council in 2011
- Organized OpenGIS! conference in Moscow, 2012 (http://gisconf.ru/en): 250+ attendants from 150+ organizations, 2 days, 3 simultaneous sections.
- Sponsored OSM Baltics Conference in Tartu, 2013 (upcoming)
All these accomplishments would not be possible without many co-authors, helpers, fellow enthusiasts to whom I'm eternally grateful.
More about myself
You can reach me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All personal info, list of publications, CV, more contacts etc can be found here: http://m-d.me
My GitHub stuff is here.
My OSM profile.
NextGIS GitHub is there.