Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 11:03, 28 February 2006 by Wiki-Rich steele (talk | contribs) (added suggestion for "About OSGeo" page)
List of tasks to be done by Web Committee. Eventually I imagine this should be handled by the bug (artifact?) tracker but I don't know how to use that properly yet.
- Update the OSGEO Website Terms of Service on the web site.
- Setup mechanism for people to create accounts website user accounts on their own.
- Setup WebCOM mailing list, and get committee members on it!
- Setup feedback mechanism for web site. I suppose this ought to be creating artifacts in the bug system, but a feedback email list might be more appropriate.
- Recruit more members on discuss list. What skills are most valuable?
- Fix the SSL Certificate issue when entering the site (maybe don't use always https?)
- Setup WebCOM web page, with "mandate" and policies and procedures.
- Work on web site overall style.
- Ensure that WebCOM members can update all appropriate web pages (ie. osgeo.org, webcommittee.osgeo.org, board.osgeo.org, etc).
- Hold an OSGeo Logo Contest.
- Flesh out the web site pages. New, about, contact, etc.
- Setup wiki.
- Organize translation volunteers.
- Figure out a wiki technology to incorporate. Mediawiki seems really nice. The Java folks seems really keen on Confluence.
- Do we need this hosted on a non-collabnet server since it isn't a core collabnet service?
- We need some mechanism(s) to ensure the folks realize material in the wiki is not authoritative. That it is essentially individuals working documents, not foundation policy.
- Make sure the wiki requires some sort of login or something so it is not easily spammed.
- I think sooner rather than later we should have an “About the Foundation” or “About OSGeo” link in the left hand box of the current home page template (i.e., delete the "Foundation Meeting Docs" link and replace it with an "About OSGeo" link). The landing page for this link would essentially be the hub where all information about the foundation, legal and IP policies (including forms of contributor agreements), corporate records (articles of incorporation and bylaws), board meeting archives, annual member meeting archives, etc.
I've put together a mocked up sample landing page for the "About OSGeo" link here --> About OSGeo Sample Page