Board Meeting 2012-04-19
From OSGeo Wiki
This board meeting is scheduled for the 19th of April 2012 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.
- Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-03-22
- Appoint secretary
- Action items from last meeting
- mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
- Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
- Jo to start investigating the ELOgeo importation process
- Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
- mpg to get a plan for DC F2F meeting / (edited: report from meeting?)
- kick-starting the Marketing discussion (Arnulf attempted to do something here)
- a Motion: Confirm Cameron Shorter as interim Chair of the Marketing Committee (Arnulf)
- update from Frank on Beijing FOSS4G conference
- Consider recommendation for GEOS to graduate incubation with Sandro Santilli as VP, GEOS.
- Funding request for the GRASS GIS Community Sprint in May 2012 (see email)
- OSGeo Ambassador to Eclipse WG meeting?
- Charter Membership (clean out, update)
- Preparation for elections in July (Arnulf)
- Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-05-10
- please add items
- detailed conversation log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2012-04-19.log
- Attending: dmorissette (Daniel Morissette), mpg (Michael Gerlek) , FrankW (Frank Warmerdam), seven (Arnulf Christl), pmbatty (Peter Batty), tschaub (Tim Schaub), archaeogeek joined later (Jo Cook)
- Absent: Mark Lucas
- Chair: Tim Schaub
- Scribe: Arnulf Christl
- Secretary: mpg
- Peter Batty and Jo Cook to work on getting FOSS4G 2011 material online
- Arnulf to start thread on policy for FOSS4G 2012 on board list.
- Arnulf to carry over items that were not addressed during the meeting.
- [19:14] <tschaub> MOTION: adopt minutes of 2012-03-22 meeting. Tim 1st, Arnulf 2nd, all in favor.
- [19:33] <seven> MOTION: Confirm Cameron Shorter as interim Chair of the Marketing Committee. Arnulf 1st, Peter 2nd, all in favor.
- [19:45] <tschaub> MOTION: Confirm incubation committee recommendation that GEOS graduate incubation. Frank 1st, Arnulf 2nd, all in favor.
- [19:56] <tschaub> MOTION: Provide € 1000 for the GRASS Community sprint in Prague. Arnulf 1st; Frank 2nd; Tim, Jo, mpg, pmbatty +1; Daniel +0
- [20:00] MOTION: Adjourn. Frank 1st; Arnulf 2nd; Daniel, Michael, Jo, Peter: +1
[17:00] meeting begins, we have a quorum
- Daniel and mpg are simultaneously attending the Eclipse location working group meeting
[17:12] review of minutes http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2012-03-22
- motion to adopt, passed
[17:16] mpg gives a summary of mini-F2F at FOSS4G-NA in Washington DC last week
- we discussed the Beijing issue, and opened a back-channel communication with Gao Ang
- we also discussed the issue of getting the books in order, and Daniel and I have started a conversion with a prof mgmt outsourcing team
- http://www.virtualmgmt.com/ is the company we've talked to
- Tim noted no luck looking to OpenPlans for accounting folk
[17:25] inventory of committees and local chapters
- mpg has done nothing, but Frank has a good list: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Contacts
- mpg to prod others to add to that list
[17:29] Daniel had action items about c3/c6, getting the books in order, etc
- being discussed now, via VirtualMgmt outsourcing firm
[17:31] Jo will keep pushing the ELOgeo import work
- Peter to help get FOSS4G 2011 material in there
[17:34] Arnulf has brought the marketing committee back to like
- with Cameron Chorter as Chair
[17:37] update from Frank on Beijing FOSS4G conference
- Frank had nothing to report; issue removed from his plate, but keep topic item open as something to watch
- summary statement remains basically as last month: "we're trying to push them, but we have no leverage; will neither lose nor make money; might turn into a East-Asia regional conf"
- questions raised about what to do about Annual Gathering, Sol Katz award, etc
[17:44] passed motion to recommend that GEOS graduate incubation
[17:48] motion to fund the GRASS sprint - http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-April/009534.html
- discussion of guidelines - direct grant vs matching funds vs ...
- nonetheless, passed motion approve EU$1000 for them
[17:58] discussion of Eclipse location industry WG
- mpg would like to send someone to their 1st meeting
- discussion moved to mailing list