Board Meeting 2012-08-09

From OSGeo Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search


This board meeting is scheduled for the 9th of August 2012 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.


Contents

Agenda

  • Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-07-12
  • Appoint secretary
  • Action items from last and previous meetings
    1. Ongoing: Arnulf to set up, schedule and run 2012 elections
    2. Peter Batty and Jo Cook to work on getting FOSS4G 2011 material online - discussions under way, need to get some (small) volunteer effort to pull things together
    3. mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
      • Clean out and update Charter Membership (carried over from previous meeting again)
    4. Jo report from the ELOgeo importation process
    5. Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
    6. Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
    7. September (new board): Decide on location for AGM, Sol Katz, F2F board meeting
  • Finances:
  • Continue dialog on how to associate with Eclipse (see board list mail from Jo)
  • PDX-OSGeo local chapter formal recognition, some notes on what has been done
  • Finalize confirmation of board voting procedure - left over from a couple years ago - Frank to summarize.
  • Clarify that the rights granted to code contributors who signed the GeoTools Copyright Assignment. Specifically, does it include the right to distribute their own work under a different OSI approved license?
  • How to deal with alleged impartiality and favoritism of OSGeo, see mail threads around "Asking permission for re-licensing..." and follow-ups
  • Acknowledge resignations of Charter members:
    • Jason Birch
    • Kazunori Noda
  • FOSS4G North America 2013 Minneapolis Request for OSGeo to act as Financial Backstop
  • please add items
  • Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-xx-xx

Minutes

Assigned Tasks

  1. Peter to produce a brief final report to the OSGeo membership on FOSS4G 2011 (financial, etc)
  2. Arnulf to set up, schedule and run 2012 elections
  3. mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
  4. Jo report from the ELOgeo importation process
  5. Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
  6. Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
  7. September (new board): Decide on location for AGM, Sol Katz, F2F board meeting
  1. Daniel: draft a 2013 budget in the coming weeks based on same expenses and 0 FOSS4G revenues if that helps


Motions

  1. approve minutes from July meeting - 1/mpg, 2/tschaub, all +1
  2. motion to accept PDX as an official OSGeo Local Chapter - 1/seven, 2/mpg, all +1
  3. Motion: "The board understands that it was the intention of the GeoTools Contributor Agreement to grant the Contributor right to relicense their Submission"
  4. motion to ack the resignation of Noda, Birch, and also Eduardo Patto Kanegae - 1/mpg, 2/seven, all +1
  5. Motion: The board agrees in principle to work towards financial support of the FOSS4GNA regional event, with details to be sorted out before final approval of the support - 1/seven, 2/dmorissette, all +1


Notes

17:08 start

  • motion: approve minutes from July meeting
    • 1/mpg, 2/tschaub, all +1
  • action items from previous meeting
    • Peter to produce a brief final report to the OSGeo membership on FOSS4G 2011 (financial, etc)
      • will get done in August
    • statement by Arnulf re: Beijing cancellation
      • done
    • Arnulf to set up, schedule and run 2012 elections
      • underway now
    • mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
      • almost complete, waiting for election to finish
    • Jo report from the ELOgeo importation process
      • carry over, Jo not here
    • Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
      • carry over
    • Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
      • carry over
    • September (new board): Decide on location for AGM, Sol Katz, F2F board meeting
      • carry over (to new board)

17:21

  • Finances
    • https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av9Xf1ehZXz-dG5zYnVmSnJRWk5yTExDYmtpTTFSNXc
    • key points:
      • Denver balance ended up being slightly lower than budgetted 50k$ at 37,420
      • Expenses, the main highlight is I'd like to add/vote a budget of 5k$ for code sprint support since we agreed to support two code sprints so far but that was not in the budget
    • pmbatty: I have a bit of a concern that we will get no conference revenue until end of 2013 (well maybe some from FOSS4G NA sooner); I think we will have to cut out expenditure quite a bit in 2013 unless we get some extra revenue from somewhere, or am I missing something?
    • dmorissette: If we keep going this way we should be able to go through 2013, but our bank balance will go down by ~40-50k$
    • tschaub: I'm in favor of adding sprint budget and reducing ambassador expenses
    • action item for Daniel: draft a 2013 budget in the coming weeks based on same expenses and 0 FOSS4G revenues if that helps
  • Continue dialog on how to associate with Eclipse (see board list mail from Jo)
    • postpone/carry over, needs more on mailing list
  • Finalize confirmation of board voting procedure - left over from a couple years ago - Frank to summarize.
    • Frank not here, needs more discussions

17:39

  • Clarify that the rights granted to code contributors who signed the GeoTools Copyright Assignment. Specifically, does it include the right to distribute their own work under a different OSI approved license?
    • (discussion...)
    • Motion: "The board understands that it was the intention of the GeoTools Contributor Agreement to grant the Contributor right to relicense their Submission"
    • /note by mpg: doesn't appear this was formally voted on, so will be done by email]

18:04

  • motion to ack the resignation of Noda, Birch, and also Eduardo Patto Kanegae
    • 1/mpg, 2/seven, all +1
  • FOSS4GNA
    • dmorissette: Not sure we can sort out the FOSS4GNA question completely today… we can agree in principle, but the details need to be sorted out in my opinion … this will set a precedent for other regional events, we need to keep that in minid and set some rules that will be applicable more broadly
    • Motion: The board agrees in principle to work towards financial support of the FOSS4GNA regional event, with details to be sorted out before final approval of the support
    • 1/seven, 2/dmorissette, all +1
Personal tools