Board Meeting 2015-01-15

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled for the 15th of January 2015 at [1] through IRC and follow up voting by email.

Agenda

Standard items

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-12-11
  • brief treasurer report
  • FOSS4G 2015 Seoul update
  • FOSS4G 2016 update
  • Beginning plans for a 2015 budget (similar to OSGeo Budget 2014)
  • Select next meeting date/time

Items from past meetings

  • Updating/Recording accurate foundation officers
    • Website committee chair not active (according to the chair)
    • Geodata committee not actively used (according to the chair)
    • Marketing committee without a chair
  • Updating/Recording accurate local chapters
  • Agree on 5-level project evaluation as proposed by Cameron [2]
  • OSGeo is now a registered 'organization' with OGC, and goal is to have all OSGeo "products"/projects listed there. (initial discussion on Projects list)

New items

Minutes

  • Attending: Jeff, Anne, Mike, Bart, Vasile, Jachym
  • Presiding: Jeff
  • Scribing: Anne

Assigned Tasks

Motions (confirmed by email)

See email thread on the Board list.

Motion +1 0 -1 Abstain Passed? Notes
Approve past meeting's minutes 9 0 0 0 Yes

Full, raw minutes notes

IRC Log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2015-01-15.log

  • 15:00 Meeting starts
  • 15:04 MOTION: approve past meeting's minutes: 5 votes in favour, motion passed
  • 15:06 Treasurer report from Mike Smith
    • the new OSGeo US account has been established, Daniel Morissette has successfully transferred the first $50K USD to the new account
    • FOSS4G Portland have the new account information, so they can transfer to the new account
    • We have received an invoice from FOSS4G-NA for the amount that was set aside from previous FOSS4G-NA to be rolled forward
      • (15:16) $22K USD that was earmarked by FOSS4G-NA. 1/2 went to OSGeo and 1/2 back to next FOSS4G-NA
    • Working out some issues with online access, but Mike will provide that money to FOSS4G-NA when he gets the online access (or will send a check)
    • FOSS4G (international South Korea) has requested seed money from OSGeo (which has been previously approved by the board) - money has been sent by Daniel
    • Still waiting on the new OSGeo credit card, Mike needs to follow up with the bank
    • All 990's were all received and accepted by the IRS
    • 15:21 Total OSGeo bank account: ~$250K USD, with $22K USD set to go for FOSS4G-NA, $100K set to come from FOSS4G Portland, $40K USD just sent to FOSS4G Seoul
  • 15:24 FOSS4G Seoul update
    • Jeff reports that Seoul LOC has signed the contract with local PCO (professional conference organizer), MECI int'l. http://en.meci.co.kr/, he has requested a copy of contract for OSGeo records
    • signed seed money agreement has been archived by the OSGeo Secretary
    • Jeff specifies that he acts as Board liaison with Seoul LOC, and is following their progress regularly.
  • 15:32 FOSS4G 2016 update
    • received 2 bids (letters of interest): from Bonn, Germany and Dublin, Ireland
    • Conference committee is alive and well, but the lack of an active chair is cause of worry
    • Conference committee will publish its decision on which bids shall go to next step (full proposal) on Monday
    • There is a lengthy discussion about who shall collect the votes of Conference Committee: shall not be also a Board member, so none of Jorge, Vasile or Jachym
    • The Board reaches agreement over Michael Gerlek (mpg) as a good candidate, Jeff will contact him and propose him to Conference Committee
  • 15:53 Budget 2015
    • The discussion focuses on SAC issues, that need a champion who talks with both Board and SAC and pushes for solving current issues
    • Budget 2015 needs a champion too, to write the draft. Vasile proposes to work on this.
  • 16:04 Select next meeting's date/time
    • Thursday 12th is problematic for several members. Vasile sets up a Doodle poll for date choice.