Board Meeting 2018-07-05

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled for the 5. of July 2018 at 16.00 UTC through IRC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Note that the meeting is limited to 1 hour.

Last meeting 2018-06-06

Minutes

  • Presiding: Astrid
  • Scribing: Angelos

Attending:

  • Astrid
  • Jody
  • Michael
  • Jeff
  • Angelos
  • Vasile

OSGeo Project reviews

  • GeoNetwork review postponed to next meeting.
  • FDO did not reply
  • PostGIS represented by Regina Obe:

PostGIS is planning a code sprint in late September and will use our $2000 budget for that. https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/PostGISCodeSprint2018. Discussion about PostGIS attending the main OSGeo Code Sprint in 2019. PostGIS PSC does not have meetings, they are always in constant communication via IRC or PostGIS development so never really had a need for a meeting. PostGIS project seems healthy and functioning properly.

  • OpenLayers could not attend the meeting but they provided the report as slides in the slideshow from 2017 AGM.

Review and approve past minutes

Review and approve minutes from Face_to_Face_Meeting_Bonn_2018

MOT1: Motion to approve the meeting minutes from Face_to_Face_Meeting_Bonn_2018

  • Astrid +1 (initial motion)
  • Angelos +1 (seconded)
  • Michael +1
  • Jody +1
  • Vasile +1
  • Jeff +0 (was not present)

Motion moved to Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/3X75AyIL/approve-meeting-minutes-from-face-to-face-meeting-bonn-2018

Status: Passed

Review and approve minutes from Board_Meeting_2018-06-06

MOT2: Motion to approve the meeting minutes from 2018-06-06 meeting

  • Astrid +1 (Initial motion)
  • Angelos -1 (voting log on motions is missing)

Action: Angelos to update the vote logs and bring the motion back to vote on Loomio. https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/21

Loomio vote: https://www.loomio.org/p/JS80yYvO/motion-to-approve-board-meeting-minutes-from-2018-06-06

Status: Open

OSGeo at OGRS 2018 request for funding [1] [2]

Based on https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2018-June/011488.html Board is not needed to make a decision.

GeoForAll DNS transfer

Regina has the domain control of it under namesake and will discuss with Michael about logistics on payment

Request for approval of Thailand Chapter [3]

MOT3: Motion to formally approve Thai local chapter according to structure at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Thai OSGeo officer/representative will be Dr Phisan Santitamnont (Phisan was chair of FOSS4G-2004 event)

  • Jeff +1 (initial motion)
  • Angelos +1 (seconded)
  • Astrid +1
  • Michael +1
  • Vasile +1
  • Jody +1

Motion moved to Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/enRX5UOc/formally-approve-thai-local-chapter-according-to-structure-at-https-wiki-osgeo-org-wiki-thai

Status: Passed

Action: Jeff volunteered to contact the local chapter and welcome them and ask them whether they need something like mailing list, local chapter page on osgeo.org etc https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/22

FOSS4G Europe

Ticket: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/19

  • Maria A., Vasile, Astrid are going.
  • Breakfast final arrangements.
  • Everything is fine for FOSS4G-E. We should advertise it some more.

FOSS4G

Ticket: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/15

  • Jody has created an AGM slidedeck for us to share with committees and projects.
  • Discussion about Board meeting during FOSS4G.
  • Jeff proposed not to mix Board meeting with sprint.
  • Astrid proposed to add a topic board meeting and find a good time through email / doodle.
  • Discussion about Community Sprint https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Talk:FOSS4G_2018_Community_Sprint
  • Discussion about sponsoring the food/drinks of the Community Sprint. Need feedback from local team about cost. Perhaps Phone or e-mail some catering services.
  • Discussion about FOSS4G sponsors breakfast. Seems like we are out of days to do a breakfast. Mark estimated 30 sponsors including the foss4g sponsors. Maria preferred only to invite OSGeo sponsors and partners.
  • Discussion about hotel and costs. 3 sponsor tickets go to Jeff, Maria A and Astrid.
  • Discussion about Loomio votes. Jeff proposes to switch to old way. No time to discuss in this meeting.
  • Vasile asked for support for FOSS4G-E, he is covered only for FOSS4G from own sources.
  • AGM discussion: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/16
  • Astrid proposes that we need to advertise a little bit more the AGM among our communities. Jody proposes to reach out to committee chairs and ask to edit slide deck https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1imiG7x09ry7lGvmS15FCVq2Z7yaICY00fcpXBK27TXY/edit?usp=sharing Astrid volunteered to prepare the mail to the community chairs and let the board review.

2018 OSGeo elections

  • Vasile did a comprehensive test on limesurvey for the carter members selection.
  • Vasile created a ticket for SAC to deploy a limesurvey instance on our servers
  • Jeff notes that we should stop letting properly worded character attacks on any forum, to any OSGeo member.
  • Vasile will start a campaign for a new CRO

Next Board Meeting

Board_Meeting_2018-08-01

IRC Log