Charter Member Election
In 2008 we are adding 15 new Charter Members to the Foundation.
- Official list of Charter Members as of 2007
- Positive Attributes for new Charter Members
- Full details of the New Membership Process
- The New Member Nominations 2007 provide an illustration
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer
Nominate new Charter Members: 2008-05-23 - 2008-05-29
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- New Member Nominations 2008
Vote for new Charter Members: 2008-05-30 - 2008-06-05
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote!
- Please email email@example.com with a list of names 15 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 15 different people, or the same person 15 times, or any balance in between.
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Frank Warmerdam, Arnulf Christl, Dave McIlhagga and Chris Holmes have reached the end of their 2 year term; Dave McIlhagga has decided to not stand for re-election. Thanks for your past work, Dave! The others must receive a nomination in order to stand in the 2008 election.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are Markus Neteler (DE/IT), Bob Bray (CA/US), Paul Ramsey (CA), Jo Walsh (UK/ES) and Jeroen Ticheler (NL/IT)
Nominate new Board Members - 2008-06-13 - 2008-06-20
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member
- Email a nomination, consisting of name and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of Friday 20th June 2008
- Please also cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - email@example.com - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- Remember that only Charter Members of OSGeo are eligible for a seat on the Board
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2008
Vote for new Board Members - 2008-07-14 - 2008-07-25
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2008 list
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names 4 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 4 different people, or the same person 4 times, or any balance in between.
- Voting closes midnight (your timezone) 25-July-2008
- Results will be posted at Board Election Results 2008
- Contact email@example.com with questions