From OSGeo Wiki
Regional FOSS4G hosted by the Aust-NZ OSGeo chapter. Given the cancelation of FOSS4G 2012 in China, many several groups have pulled together small regional conferences. Why should Australia and New Zealand miss out?
- QCAT facilities, CSIRO, Pullenvale QLD
- November: 15th and 16th
Lecture style theatre, smaller meeting rooms. Large site.
This event is free to attend (thanks CSIRO), however RSVP is mandatory.
- Vector 1 Media (newsletter)
- Spatial Source (newsletter)
- University of Southern Queensland (need contact)
- Queensland University of Technology (need contact)
- University of Queensland (Nathan has Contact)
Unconference Nov 15
Set up as an unconference with an initial kickoff to get organised, followed by breaking out into groups. The format resembles traditional "birds-of-a-feather sessions" and lends itself to well to panel discussions, workshops and creativity.
With an emphasis on interaction you can expect:
- Group discussion
- Show and tell
- Quick presentation to lead a discussion
- Tips and Tricks
- Open Source Stack - Integration War Stories
- Make a Process in 10 mins
- Mobile GIS - Nathan might cover his new QMap project http://nathanw2.github.com/qmap/
- Report on a placement in Cambodia through Engineers Without Borders: An experience of improving map making and data management skills via capacity building, by Wil Waters (blog for the placement)
- Parsing WFS ComplexFeatures with GeoTools - Adam Brown (Perth's 'remote node')
- (Add your suggestion here)
Code Sprint Nov 16th
The second day is set up as a Code Sprint for hands-on involvement. Traditionally focused on project development, code sprints have proven a great venue for cross project collaboration (especially on standards and interoperability).
Teams / Topics
- uDig / LocationTech
- GeoServer / Application Schema
- GeoTools / Process
OSGeo code sprints have been used by non-programmers to explore standards, policy, documentation, training, education and advocacy.
This section is for teams to organise, or link to their project wiki for organisation.
GeoTools Process Parameter Integration Sprint
Process is (finally) taking off with WPS going mainstream in GeoServer. Victor has provided numerous improvements, including new Parameter interactions allowing schema to be determined and used to assist in attribute XPath definition.
This sprint focuses on integrating the Parameter work with gt-swing (for tutorials) and with app-schema (which is missing out on the party). The situation with app-schema and WPS integration is dire as all the code examples (and base support classes) are written with Simple Features in mind. We want to provide a better example so we do not build up a codebase of processes that are artificially limited from working with app-schema.
- Ben will review the javadocs (and new tutorials) provided by Victor
- Ben will set up a "lazy" feature process example using complex features, and link to it from the feature processing tutorial
- Jody will update the gt-swing wizards to respect the Parameter Interaction
This sprint supports external collaboration via IRC (and Google Hangout for shared screen).