Places to eat and drink in and around the various venue locations. Also, a schedule of what is happening socially.
Places to meet and eat:
- Fountains Hotel - 1 St Georges Mall - hotel where many delegates are staying. (www.fountainshotel.co.za / phone: (+27) 021-443 1100)
- Cocoa Expresso - Vodacom Building, Pier Place, Foreshore - opens early for breakfast. Good for coffees, lunches, snacks and meeting outside the CTICC (free WIFI). Within walking distance - across the road and one block away.(6.30am - 4pm)
- V&A Waterfront - many pubs, restaurants and coffee shops - can walk there (15 minutes?) or take a taxi
- Proposed Main conference hangout: QUAY 4 ( www.quay4.co.za / Telephone +27 (21)) 419 2008) as the conference people finder and gathering place for the duration of the conference.
- Cocoa Wah Wah - 18 Main Road Rondebosch - close to UCT and open day and night (a popular student venue with free wifi open 7am - 11pm)
- La Med, Camps Bay - lively indoor/ outdoor bar venue overlooking Clifton/ Camps Bay - awesome for Atlantic sunsets, but is weather dependent
- Maestro’s on the Beach (Woodbridge Island) – is a great place for LOC event in Milnerton (we would need to book) http://www.maestrosgroup.co.za/
- Bizerca Bistro (foreshore) – 2 blocks from CTICC
- Beluga (Greenpoint) – seafood
- Wakame (Mouille Point) – great for sunsets and seafood / sushi
- Sunday 28th - Panama Jacks at the docks - Pre conference dinner for those who are there early - Gavin seems to know the docks well (!) so speak to him for directions. Actually, perhaps best to meet at say Fountains Hotel before heading to PJ's, as it is easy to get lost (very lost)
- Monday 29th - Ice breaker cocktail event (official), the cool folks are meeting at Quay 4
- Tuesday 30th - Relish, a 3-story bar recommended by a local, about a 15-20 minute walk towards Table Mountain from Fountains. 70 New Church Street
* http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-33.92694&lon=18.411086&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF * http://www.relish.co.za/
- Wednesday 1st - Banquet at Moyo in Stellenbosch (official).
- Thursday 2nd -
- Friday 3rd -
- Saturday 4th -