GEOS Incubation Status
- Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
- Yes, approved on November 2, 2007
- Has an Incubation Mentor been assigned to the project?
- Yes, Frank Warmerdam
- Has the projectname.osgeo.org domain been populated with the projects web presence?
- The web presence is currently being started here: http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ and http://geos.osgeo.org/ points to this Trac instance.
- Is the OSGeo bug tracker being used for the project?
- Yes: http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/
- Is the OSGeo mailing list manager (http://lists.osgeo.org/) being used for the project?
- Yes: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geos-devel
- Is the OSGeo SVN being used for the project?
- Yes: http://svn.osgeo.org/geos/
- Are binary and source downloads available from http://download.osgeo.org ?
- Binaries are not available. Source downloads are available at http://download.osgeo.org/geos.
- Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?
- Yes, http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geos-devel
- Are source and binary downloads for the package available?
- Source downloads are available, binaries are not. The SVN repository at http://svn.osgeo.org/geos is publicly readable as well.
- Has a Project Steering Committee been formed, and given control of the project?
- Yes, see http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/PSC
- Does the Project Steering Committee have documentation on project procedures for PSC decisions, contributor guidelines, etc.
- Yes, see http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/RFC1 and http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/RFC2
- How many active developers are there? Are they from multiple organizations?
- There 2-3 active developers, depending on how you count, from multiple organizations.
- Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of the project to the foundation?
- Yes, the main page mentions the project is part of OSGeo.
- Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo foundation web styling and branding marks?
- It is an at osgeo.org url. However, OSGeo needs to provide more direction on branding and marking to get better effect.
Code Copyright Review
- Have issues raised in the provenance review been adequately addressed?
- Yes, see resolutions in GEOS Provenance Review