Google Summer of Code 2009 Administrative
- Back to main Google Summer of Code wiki page.
Central page for administering OSGeo participation in Google Summer of Code 2009.
- Wolf Bergenheim will act as Administrative contact, with support from Landon Blake and Hamish Bowman
- FAQ on the program is at: http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html
- There is also a Google Wiki page about the program: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/WikiStart
- Last years GSoC submission: http://code.google.com/soc/2008/osgeo/about.html
- Last years GSoC page: Google Summer of Code 2008
- Mentoring HOWTO: http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/docs/summer-of-code-mentoring-howto/index.html
- Advice for Mentors from the Google Wiki: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors
- The Google Summer of Code 2009 site
- There is an OSGeo SoC flyer to look at and post in appropriate places - Marketing Committee is working on a 2009 version.
- [✓] March 9th - 13th: Project applications will be accepted:
- [✓] March 12th Our application needs to be ready.
- [✓] March 18th: List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google Summer of Code 2009 site.
- [✓] We are accepted - so we should start talking to students immediately after!
- [✓] Student applications accepted from March 23 - April 3, 2009.
- [✓] April 15: All mentors must be signed up and all student proposals matched with a mentor
- [✓] April 20: Accepted student proposals announced on the Google Summer of Code 2009 site
- May 23: Students begin coding for their GSoC projects
- OSGeo Google SoC Application 2009
- SoC Application Rankings by Project
- The "Student Landing Page" is Google Summer of Code 2009 Ideas.
- The OSGeo home at melange is http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/osgeo
How to register as a mentor
Please apply to become a mentor today! After you have applied you will get an invitation notification in the melange system. You need to accept the invitation, and fill in the form to become a registered mentor. In details:
- Register yourself at the Melange site
- Subscribe to the OSGeo SoC mailinglist. Introdce yourself and give this info:
- Melange Link ID
- Project you want to/can mentor for
- Area(s) of interest
- Feel free to tell more about yourself
- Apply to become a mentor
- Accept the invitation that you receive, and fill in your Mentor information
- Go read and comment on student applications
|Luis W. Sevilla||gvSIG|
|Etienne Dube||Laval University|
|Thierry Badard||Laval University|
Each accepted Soc Project should be listed here, and the page should be updated with information about the progress of the project.
The list of proposals can be found here: Google Summer of Code 2009 Ranking