Proposed date: We/Th, 10/11 of March 2010.
Proposed time 19:30 UTC
- Approve minutes from IncCom Meeting13.
- Consider motion to approve an OSGeo Project Retiring Process
- Discuss proposed changes to Project Graduation Checklist
- Consider application for geomajas to enter incubation.
- Discuss how to address our admission backlog, and how to judge projects more consistently.
Attending: Daniel Morissette, Judit Mays, Paul Spencer, Jorge Sanz, Markus Schneider, Cameron Shorter, Tyler Mitchell, Pieter De Graef, Dirk Frigne
- Minutes of last meeting adopted.
- Considered Project Retiring Process and recommended several improvements. Cameron will call for a vote on the list once the changes are incorporated.
- 7 Mar 2010: Actioned by Cameron in version 0.2: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Project_Retiring_Process&diff=45941&oldid=32985
- Considered Project Graduation Checklist. There was a failure to achieve consensus on stricter requirements for quality control and incorporation into multi-project binary distributions.
- Considered application for geomajas. A motion was passed recommending to the board that geomajas be accepted into incubation with Paul Spencer as mentor, and Pieter De Graef as project representative.
- Markus Lupp has stepped down from the committee as his career has taken him in new, and unrelated directions.
- Some general discussion including:
- whether our pending and in-incubation lists are being properly maintained (Frank agreed to work on this)
- whether we have too many overlapping projects
- how to judge if a project is too small/immature
- possible roles for OSGeo Labs
- whether we ought to be rejecting or otherwise acting on some of the old applications.
- a review of the PyWPS application
- The meeting was closed.