From OSGeo Wiki
Proposed date: Monday April 24th 2006.
Proposed time: 18:00 UTC - Fixed time around the world (2:00pm EST, 11:00am PST)
Proposed location: IRC channel #osgeo.
- Approve minutes from IncCom Meeting4.
- Assign Mentors for OSSIM, GRASS, and MapBuilder.
- Accept Sean Gilles resignation.
- Plan to bring forward incubation procedure documents to the board for adoption (by May 5th?).
- Discuss requests for SAC (the System Administration Committee) for services we need from non-CollabNet OSGeo systems, possibly based on the Project Infrastructure Migration thoughts.
The meeting was called to order at 2:04pm, EST, April 24th, 2006.
Individuals present included Frank Warmerdam (Chair), Daniel Brookshier, Arnulf Christl, Paul Spencer, Norman Vine, Robert Bray, Richard Gould, Chris Holmes, Steve Lime.
- Minutes of April 10th approved.
- Richard Gould was appointed to the Incubation Committee.
- Richard Gould was named mentor for the OSSIM project.
- Norman Vine was appointed to the Incubation Committee.
- Norman Vine and Arnulf Christl were appointed co-mentors for the GRASS project.
- Daniel Brookshier was appointed mentor for the MapBuilder project.
- Sean Gilles resignation from the Incubation Committee accepted with regret.
- It was generally agreed that we aren't looking to add more specific requirements for completing incubation beyond those already discussed.
- It was decided to setup the wiki page Official IncCom Documents (status) to contain the set of documents being prepared for submission to the board.
- Daniel Brookshier and Paul Spencer were appointed co-editors for the incubation process document set with an objective to have them ready for review and possible approval by the committee for May 1st.
- Suggestions for SAC including hosting live demonstration servers (The Stack), Plone (for MapServer), Confluence and related tools for GeoTools and MapBuilder and MediaWiki (OSGeo in general, GDAL).
- Next meeting in one week, on May 1st.
- Meeting closed.