Proposed date: Monday October 30th 2006.
Proposed time: 20:30 UTC - Fixed time around the world (3:30pm EST, 12:30am PST)
Proposed location: IRC channel #osgeo.
- Approve minutes from IncCom Meeting7.
- Consider need for promotional/web material from incubated projects.
- Consider need for OSGeo web site branding on project web sites.
- Consider a quarterly reporting requirement for graduated projects.
- Brief status on project incubation from various projects (and/or mentors).
- Consider three projects that have applied for membership: FDO, OpenLayers and GeoNetwork.
- Review All Open Issues
Attendance: Frank Warmerdam, Jody Garnett, Chris Holmes, TheSteveMonkey, Daniel Morissette, Richard Gould, Howard Butler, Schuyler Erle, Chris Schmidt, and Michael Gerlek.
- Minutes of IncCom Meeting7 approved.
- Requirement for promotional and web materials from incubated project is not ready to adopt since we don't yet have particulars on what should be required.
- Howard Butler appointed to the Incubation Committee.
- Daniel Morissette retro-actively appointed to the incubation committee.
- We discussed OSGeo branding of project web sites, and mostly we decided we didn't have a good plan, nor were we really agreed on how far we would be willing to go with this.
- A motion was adopted that projects obtain an appropriate OSGeo website button for their home page. The button will link to the osgeo website and indicate the projects level of participation.
- No requirement for quarterly reporting in graduated projects was adopted.
- A motion was adopted limiting ourselves to ten projects in incubation till such time as we change this limit.
- A motion was adopted limiting each incubation mentor to more than one project they are mentoring through incubation at a time.
- Jody Garnett offered to mentor GeoNetwork, and Howard Butler (post meeting) volunteered to mentor OpenLayers. Frank will present both packages for "acceptance into incubation" voting on the mailing list.
- FDO lacks a potential mentor (Daniel Morissette offered but is for the time being blocked till MapGuide graduates), and so isn't a potential inductie yet. Mentor volunteers welcome!
- Outstanding issues in the issue tracker were very briefly reviewed, and Frank indicated he now had GDAL committer guidelines which he would distribute to the list as a possible template (per SC45).
- Jody indicate he had problems entering issues in the tracker. He wants to track legal issues blocking GeoTools.
- Meeting closed.
- By email vote the motion "the OpenLayers project be recommended to the OSGeo board for entrance into incubation with Schyler Erle as project representative and Howard Butler as mentor." was passed.
- By email vote the motion "the GeoNetwork project be recommended to the OSGeo board for entrance into incubation with Jeroen Ticheler as project representative and Jody Garnett as mentor." was passed.