Meeting Number: 1
Compiled by:: Daniel
Date: 24.09.2015 17h00
Duration: 40 minutes
Attendance: Daniel McInerney, Ozan Emem, Declan Dunne
Apologies: Peter Mooney, Dave Corley
- Each participant gave a short intro on their background and experience with OSGeo software.
- It was suggested that all members should spend some time to review and edit the wiki page , with specific reference to the mission statement and objectives
- It was agreed that there was no need to formalize any structure for the LOC at this stage given its embryonic status and relatively small number of participants
- It was suggested we organise some webinars over the next couple of months, and that each month someone would give a short presentation followed by a discussion. Ozan has agreed to organise and present the first webinar in November.
- We would also take the opportunity of this meeting to discuss any matters arising related to the LOC.
- We briefly discussed some ideas about meeting up either as an informal session (presentations and/or practical workshop) or as part of another conference or meet-up. We will pursue this topic over the next couple of months.
- It was agreed that we all try to spread the word of the Irish LOC and to use the online mailing list as the main discussion forum