From OSGeo Wiki
Mapbender is the geospatial portal (Geoportal) site management software for Spatial Data Infrastructures. The Mapbender data back allows to manage web mapping resources and feature services (for example OGC WMS). The basic authentication module can be connected with existing systems and allows multi client capable user manangement, authorization, group and service administration. OWS Security Proxy acts as a facade for services registered in Mapbender and can be used to control access. Mapbender can log user operations on services and layers and has a monitoring functionality designed specifically for mapping and geographic resources.
- Project page for Mapbender3: http://www.mapbender3.org/
- Project page for Mapbender: http://www.mapbender.org/
- Mailing lists: http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Mapbender_Mailing_Lists
- Issue Tracker for Mapbender3: https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues
- Code repository on GitHub: https://github.com/mapbender
- IRC: irc://freenode.net#mapbender
- Mapbender on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mapbender
- Mapbender on Open Hub: https://www.openhub.net/p/mapbender
- Mapbender 2 Version
Mapbender is an SDI back end to create and maintain web based spatial applications.
End-user interfaces can be compiled from a broad selection of preconfigured modules based on jQuery and OpenLayers. Mapbender can be used to create highly focused light clients with a minimum set of modules as well as full-fledged applications with OWS security proxy, log module, digitizing with auto snapping, catalog and metadata editor components, monitoring and lots of more functionality.
Management interfaces help to maintain and monitor mapping and feature resources in a metadata catalog and grant access to individuals and groups. Adherence to standards, such as OGC WMS and transactional OGC WFS, make Mapbender agnostic to different brands of server software and allows to take advantage of interoperable services from various platforms.
Mapbender code is implemented and maintained by developers from a diverse background and different companies.
Join the community: