Marketing Material development
To develop branding, design and layout of several types of material suitable for printing and for using generally across OSGeo's work.
In particular for the creation of several graphical representations that can be used in presentations, for brochures, signs, covers and more. Also, secondarily, to be discussed will be aligning these representations with our online resources where applicable, for furthering use of the brand in a clear way.
Tyler Mitchell leading the project with assistance from Jeroen Ticheler and other who may be interested. Please add your name here if you would like to help or introduce yourself on the marketing mailing list.
Products from this project will also eventually feed into the Exhibition Pack so it will coordinate with Alex Mandel as well.
- Web site templates we could adopt (main site, wiki, projects, other services)
- Ideas for other merchandise branding - shirts, etc.
- Published all files to an index web page with previews
- Online system for editing text and creating PDFs (e.g. for translating)
|1. Define scope and requirements||Complete||Tyler writing up and researching needs||2-Feb|
|2. Line up contractor help||Complete||Tyler and Jeroen initiating some contacts based on previous work||10-Feb|
|3. Draft Development iterations||Complete||Review options and samples, comments, etc. Some may be usable for immediate needs.||1-Apr|
|4. Final delivery||Complete||Majority of final products available for printing and use now||1-May|
|5. Publish online for distribution||Underway||Some available in SVN. Tyler to collate/upload.||15-July|
|4. Print samples of material||Complete||Much printed already by June. Mainly table 'throws' remaining.||15-July|
Define Scope and Requirements
Aiming for consistent use and presentation of OSGeo logo and/or colours across a wide range of media. New concepts for our general layout of branded material are welcome. Discussion will help focus on the areas of particular need.
A list of potential articles needed are:
- Completed Brochure (single fold, two sides, colour) - overview of OSGeo, also useful for a project template
- Completed Flyer (single/double side, colour) - overview of OSGeo and projects
- Completed Retractable banner (aka "pop-up")
- Completed Poster template
- Completed Presentation slide template
- Completed General cover page for electronic documents (e.g for case studies booklet, journal cover)
- Completed CD/DVD label
- Completed Business cards
- Work with existing logo
- Flexibility for using open document formats for future reusability/customisation
- Iterative process of draft reviews
- Review of our Marketing Communication Strategy 2008 document, as well as one-on-one interviews to ensure understanding of our needs
Other items to keep in mind: