DRAFT - FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY
Media Sponsorship is a regular part of the FOSS4G conference event and a similar model is applied to OSGeo Media Sponsors. In exchange for valuable advertising space or opportunities to write articles, OSGeo recognizes a company as an official Media Sponsor. A written agreement laying out the following provisions is reviewed and renewed on an annual basis.
- Potential Media Sponsors are companies that focus on media outreach - magazines, online industry news sites, publishers, etc.
- Vendor-specific marketing outreach companies are not a good fit for this program, e.g. the aim is to partner with media companies that are sympathetic with OSGeo's mission.
- A commitment of $X,000 (5,000?) worth of corporate resources in the form of:
- Advertising space in printed form or online
- Featured space for writing articles around OSGeo topics
- Feature OSGeo Press Releases and News Items
- Placement of OSGeo logo as a partner on related website or documents
- What else?
- Media sponsors are recognized along with main Foundation Sponsorship partners on osgeo.org/sponsors and at events around the world.
- OSGeo works with the sponsors, and the OSGeo community, to use the available resources provided through this program.