From OSGeo Wiki
Trikala, Thessaly, Greece (21.785236, 39.552966)
- OSGeo Experience
- e-mail nik at nikosalexandris dot net | skype nikos.alexandris
- slowly building up a personal webspace nikosalexandris.net/xpress (diverse content in Greek, German and English)
- Willing to participate in GFOSS-related projects
- Currently working on publications concerning non-centered PCA-based burned area mapping.
- Remote Sensing Analyses & Mapping for the project "Monitoring Mangroves Restoration from Space" for the Climate Change Adaptation at UNEP --- April 2013 to December 2013 (9 months)
- Supported the implementation of a remote sensing methodology for the ArcFuel project, Consultant for Epsilon International SA, Marousi, Athens, Greece --- November 2012 – March 2013 (5 months)
- Defended doctoral thesis, dealing with PCA-based burned area mapping using public data and GFOSS, on June 29th, 2011. Thesis published at freidok.uni-freiburg.de on December 15th, 2011.
- Awarded the Sofia Chlorou Bequest scholarship   from the National Metsovian Polytechnic University (NTUA, Athens, Greece), in order to complete the doctoral studies --- October 2005 to October 2009.
- Participates as an end-user in various GFOSS projects and received a certificate for significant contribution to the Student Consortium Newsletter --- (since) 2008.
- As an intern visited UNEP/DEWA/GRID (Geneva, Switzerland) working on burned area mapping with free & open source geospatial applications --- October 2007 to February 2008.
- Enrolled as a doctoral candidate in the Department of Remote Sensing and Landscape Information Systems (FeLIS), Albert-Ludwig University (Freiburg i. Br., Germany) --- October 2005.
- Graduated from the faculty Forest & Natural Environment in the Aristotle University (AUTh, Thessaloniki, Greece), showing strong interest for GIS-supported tasks --- October 1999 to July 2004.