Talk:LandcoverDB CS Detail
From OSGeo Wiki
Thanks Martin for starting this page. This is doubtlessly be very useful. Here are my first comments:
- Name of the page: land use should be in there? A better name could be "LULC Classification Systems"?
- Missing databases: at the moment, The global GlobCover LC v2.1 dataset is missing. Are you planning to include country-specific datasets or only those with worldwide coverage (CORINE is not worldwide and it's in the list, but where do we stop?)? (I have a list of publicly accessible LULC databases specific to Canada)
- What about the LCCS, FAO's Land Cover Classification System?
- I believe it would be pertinent to have a list of organizations/communities that focus on LULC classifications, probably in another wiki page. I feel it's important to group together as many interested parties and stakeholders as possible.
Cheers, Aleroux 15:11, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Additional comment: would it be more appropriate to have this useful list of LULC classifications on Wikipedia instead of the OSGeo wiki? Aleroux 15:28, 27 January 2009 (UTC)