Tenth VisCom Meeting
Date and Time
(This meeting was originally scheduled for August 3rd, but was moved to August 8th as mpg had a conflict. Due to lack of a quorum on the 8th, it has been rescheduled to the 17th.)
The meeting took place on conference call and IRC on August 17th, 2006, at 15:00 UTC.
Minutes: Tenth VisCom Meeting Minutes
- Assign scribe
- Roll call (chair)
- New Business (below)
- Old Business (below)
- Review action items (chair)
- Set next meeting date (chair)
- New members
- Add Venka as new committee member
- LisaL role clarification
- Event overload!
- discuss forking off an EventCom team of some sort
- Hawaii event (Intergraph?)
- as per Frank's mail of Aug 7th
- any volunteers to, umm, go to Hawaii?
- IncCom support
- need list of collateral "strongly desired" at graduation
- one-paragraph blurb, one page write-up, screenshot or two, logo, ...
- Update on Drupal Portal prototype, migration process, new features, etc.
- mpg willing to move all VisCom pages to Drupal
- does drupal supplant the much-loved wiki?
- does drupal support "files", e.g. for the library?
- Events page
- develop in Wiki then copy to new Drupal site. mloskot implements a copying machine
- mpg would like to see some drupally magic
- Clean out, make docs editable (odt, odp, eps?)
- Provide for high res logo, banner, posters
- Membership sign-up process
- presumably desired for FOSS4G etc
- anyone have a status report?
- mpg would like sign-up form to (optionally) include affiliation type (NGO, academic, mulinational conglomerate, etc)
- mpg envisions some sort of auto-notification system ("these 8 people joined today: ...")
- Shirts and Business Cards
- mpg is on the shirt path again -- others asking to buy, a few to give away to VIPs
- FOSS4G et al
- Booth upgrade status?
- we budgeted something at the F2F for this -- how to proceed?
- Feedback and review from attendees
- need to make sure FOSS4G is covered whilst Arnulf is away
- Consider additional translations for brochures (german, french, italian)
- Final brochures must be complete within 2 weeks for printing in time
- FOSS4G banner on osgeo.org?
- Events management
- mpg to do up a "list of Event Owner tasks" page
- mpg still not happy with Events page, wants more process
- MapAsia and World Map Forum
- Venka to give update if available
- Need "feature matrix comparison" brochure
- see thread on discuss mailing list from July '06
- Membership / Recruiting
- (discussed at ninth meeting)
- need to get ideas for this
- Web site stats
- mpg to get website hit stats, etc (from auke)
- Logo Usage
- Tyler to start a logo "guidelines" and "usage" page, for us to kick around
- Press Releases
- need a press release for October prior Intergeo 2006
- need to try again and get a Translation team together
- TODO: start a Strategy page, sync with FunCom - broadly solicit general ideas
- Tyler to give update
- we just need volunteers, can leverage GRASS work, etc; could include reports from committees, board, etc
- discussed at ninth meeting