Toronto Code Sprint 2009 Agenda
Toronto Code Sprint 2009 : The Need for Speed...
Performance is the universal feature, and the latest Geoserver vs Mapserver results indicate that there are places throughout the C stack that can use improvement.
- Run Mapserver under load and review where Proj4 takes a hit (everywhere)
- Caching of PJ structs, Should make QGIS and Mapserver faster.
- Possibility of a new/simple API + optimized database sitting on top of PROJ4 to replace current init files and address some performance issues as well as allowing lookup of additional information such as axis order of a given SRS (required for WMS 1.3.0 and other OGC specs)
- bring epsgaxis axis flipping behavior into proj4 proper
- Run the Geoserver benchmark tests under profiler and review results
- Single-pass querying, will bring WFS speed up to par
- Mapserver as Apache module, removes FastCGI instability and is potentially even faster, see #2565
- Roadmap for 6.0
- XML Mapfiles (#2872)
- coordinating and improving msautotest (what gets added, when, etc.)
- WMS 1.3.0 (#473)
- resolving msOWSDispatch (#2531)
- support for ITEM data types for WFS server (#462)
- Discuss issue of Hiding/enabling/ignoring layers in OGC Web Services (see Trac wiki page)
- Discuss coordinate axis order for WFS 1.1.0 (#2899)
- OpenGL/Cairo/VtableRendering merge. Discuss some backwards compatibility changes implied by the rendering unification (notably on symbol orientation, and linestring markers)
- Choose one of Steve's logos
- Discuss better handling of resolution for printing maps
- Adding the ability to read z/x/y tiles (e.g. TMS, OSM, etc.) alongside the existing WMS reader support
- Roadmap for 1.5+
- New on-disk format? Aligned double?
- New GEOS coordinate sequence to bind on top of aligned PostGIS structures?
- Profiling and review profile results
PostGIS WKT Raster
- Discuss WKT Raster API, roadmap and funding
- Importer/exporter (raster2pgsql.exe, PGAdmin extension, new Paul's GUI, driver for GDAL, SQL importer function)
- Discuss WKT Raster and PostGIS web site, source integration and bug tracking.
- Discuss GiST index.
- Discuss Windows build.
- Administrivia, what to do without a full-time maintainer?
- Roadmap for 3.2?
- Supporting inline streaming compression
- Win64 builds