From OSGeo Wiki
GeoSpatial Programs Manager, LISAsoft
Location: Sydney, Australia
Cameron has a breadth of practical experience with the numerous facets of Geospatial Open Source development and marketing. He has applied software and management processes from large military software systems to checklists for the OSGeo Incubation Committee; helped build a marketing pipeline for Open Source projects; and applied principles of OGC spatial standards development to building inter-operable software systems. ... more.
- OSGeo Experience
- OSGeo Board member.
- Coordinates development of OSGeo-Live, which packages 50+ of the best geospatial open source projects.
- Primary reviewer/editor for Project Overviews on OSGeo-Live and author of the OSGeo-Live lightening presentation.
- Chaired the international FOSS4G conference in 2009.
- Active contributor to OSGeo Marketing Committee (chair), Incubation Committee, Conference Committee.
- Previously contributed code to, and served on Project Steering Committees for GeoTools, OpenLayers and Mapbuilder.
- Presented at numerous conferences on topics of Geospatial, Open Source, and Open Standards.
- Writes a blog on Open Source Geospatial Software.
- Email: cameron shorter AT lisasoft DOT com
- Phone (work): +61 2 8570 5050
- Skype: cameronshorter
- Profile last updated
- 17 June 2012