From OSGeo Wiki
- I grew up in Michigan and currently live in Oregon.
- I've been doing GIS/GPS/Surveying to some extent since 2002, FOSS since about 2007.
- I have previously worked as an archaeologist throughout the United States.
- I currently work in local government.
- Working as the GIS Analyst for a small local government covers a wide range of tasks and topics from system administration to desktop GIS to web mapping to end user support and everything in between.
- I spend some time doing GIS consulting and pro-bono work.
- The OSGEO projects that I use the most are gdal, MapServer, and PostGIS.
- I also like the OSGEO Journal and am currently volunteering as a proofreader .
- In addition to maps, cartography, GIS, and OSGEO, I enjoy outdoor activities (hiking, kayaking, biking), gardening, and spending time with friends.