WebCom Meeting 20060719
From OSGeo Wiki
Web Site Committee Meeting Agenda
Chair: Jason IRC: #osgeo When: 18:00 (6 pm) UTC on July 19th
- Reviews the News Queue process and make sure everyone is ok with it.
- Do we want to decommission the news.osgeo.org project?
- Do we want to send all posted announcements to the email@example.com mailing list too?
- What should we replace the main page core text with when we remove the news items?
- Web site redesign?
- Need to understand the LOOK project.
- Any volunteers?
- Front page refactor
- Too much focus on news. Need sections for Member Spotlights (developers, users, etc).
- Thoughts about assigning project subdomains to member projects (geotools.osgeo.org) that have their own infrastructure. We did it for wiki so should be technically possible.
- Removal of "Register or Log In to Subscribe" link for mailing lists?
- Should we have responsibility for platform choice?
- Voted on decommission News Project - carried
- Frank to move Spotlights to main web site
- MapGuide isn't pointing to dev spotlight anymore
- firstname.lastname@example.org offered to MPG; not sure if he confirmed
- Remove RSS link ; Get CN to add date to RSS feeds
- Voted on mirroring news to announce@ - carried
- Voted on avoiding changes to the site layout via LOOK - carried
- Voted on assigning osgeo subdomains (project.osgeo.org) directly to projects for use on their webservers if requested. - carried
- Lots of discussion on design; proposal to spend large part of next meeting talking about what we needed from a designer was accepted.
Transcript available at: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2006-07-19.log starting at around 10:00