Board Meeting 2017-10-05

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled for 5 October 2017 (the first Thursday of each month) at [1] through IRC and follow up voting on Loomio.

Agenda

Current items

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Approve last meeting minutes
  • Note motions passed by electronic voting:
    • acceptance of new charter members
  • osgeo.org website/rebranding
    • decision on hosting from system administration committee
    • discuss revision of payment schedule due to above delay
  • Schedule Project review meeting, waiting on report from Jeff McKenna
  • Review outstanding f2f meeting action items
    • Need a list of these items
  • 2018 budget preflight update

Minutes

  • Attending: Venka, Sanghee, Angelos, Michael, Maria, Anita, Jody
  • Presiding: Venka
  • Scribing: Angelos
  • Approval of previous board meeting minutes on 2017-09-07. (see MOT1)
  • Approval of previous board meeting minutes on 2017-05-11. (see MOT2)
  • Note motions passed by electronic voting
    • Formally approve the 2017 new charter members list (see MOT3).
    • Welcome to new charter members. Thanks to Vasile and Jeff our CROs
    • Discussion about the idea of something like the lime survey for next round of charter members so its less of a manual process.
    • Discussion about finding out which charter members have not voted for two year consecutively.
  • Schedule Project review meeting, waiting on report from Jeff McKenna. Jeff will send the link to the document to the Board to review
  • Review outstanding f2f meeting action items
    • European bank account: Angelos and Vasile to open the account.
      • We need two directors in one location to open the account.
      • One question is where to open the account - needs more discussion.
      • Vasile and Angelos to follow up on Europe bank account and request for travel support as necessary (see MOT4)
    • Request for support for proofing/layout for FOSS4G-2016 proceedings.
      • Franz was requested to contact Charlie to find out about bringing a joint conference proceedings for 2016 and 2017, not sure what happened after that.
      • Instead of transforming everything in latex, the papers can be asked in pdf (camera ready). Charlie has the template. He modified the one from FOSS4G-2015.
      • No approve request for funding for proofing/layout for FOSS4G-2016 proceedings (see MOT5)
  • 2018 budget preflight update
    • We can note that projects have been asked to think about next years budgets
    • Planning budget for 2018 would happen by the new board with some knowledge on surplus generated in Bonn and Boston
    • So far, not many have taken the time to reply http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2018
    • Venka suggested we send a remainder to all project PSC to submit their reports by end of Oct. 2017 and include their budget request for 2018 in the report.
  • osgeo.org website/rebranding
    • The marketing committee is reviewing two of the deliverables (branding and printables).
    • The website has been making progress, mostly on the vendor end as they address bugs raised during the foss4g sprint (they are going to send out a feedback survey after the bugs are fixed).
    • SAC meeting on Oct 10th
    • Discussion about rebooting Website Committee with a mandate for maintaining the new website content. No decisions yet, more discussions to follow.
  • Next board IRC meeting same time on 2 Nov, 2017


Actions

  • Jeff McKenna to send the Project Review document to the Board.
  • Vasile and Angelos to follow up on Europe bank account and request for travel support as necessary
  • Jody to see who could not make the AGM, and we can sort out contacting those projects on the board email list
  • Angelos to join the SAC meeting to report back progress on website.


Motions

MOT1: Approve last meeting minutes https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-09-07

MOT2: Approve meeting minutes https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-05-11

MOT3: Formally approve the 2017 new charter members list https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2017

MOT4: Vasile, Angelos to follow up on Europe bank account and request for travel support as necessary.

  • Motion by Venka
  • Approve: Anita, Michael, Maria, Venka, Sanghee, Jody
  • Abstain: Angelos
  • Block:
  • Motion passed (not moved to Loomio, since this is actually an action item)

MOT5: No approve request for funding for proofing/layout for FOSS4G-2016 proceedings


IRC Log