Board Meeting 2017-05-11
This board meeting is scheduled for the 11th of May 2017 at  through IRC and follow up voting on Loomio.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Approve last meeting minutes
- F2F meetings - we have quorum for F2F at FOSS4G Europe and FOSS4G, discussion on scheduling and travel assistance
- FOSS4G Planning - follow up to hangout (agm / awards, sponsor events, booth)
- OSGeo Project Governance - See presentations from January, OSGeo Live refresh. Some of our OSGeo projects are not meeting the requirements expected. Cameron may be available to discuss vantage point from OSGeo Live?
- OSGeo website/rebranding update - status, branding updates, assistance needed, timelines (upcoming payment milestone)
- Update (or Approval) for Charlie to set up a website on UMass open access library repository system to support Academic Tracks now and possibly for future FOSS4G conferences with foss4g.org webpage banner (to be replaced by new logo once it becomes available) - we don't need a vote if there are no objections
- Discuss and potentially approve MoU with International Geographical Union
- Incubation Update: Please welcome Oskari to the OSGeo family as they enter the incubation program
- Marketing Update: OSCon event
- Travel Grant discussion: initial "event based" proposal available, waiting on conference committee vote for a "foss4g" proposal
- Attending: Jody, Angelos, Sanghee, Helena, Maria, Michael
- Presiding: Helena
- Scribing: Angelos
- Approval of previous board meeting minutes on 2017-04-12
- Discussion for setting up a website on UMass open access library repository system to support Academic Tracks now and possibly for future FOSS4G conferences.
- All agreed it can be done this year and review next year
- Maria is discussing with ISPRS for archiving the Proceedings, since ISPRS Proceedings are Scopus and EoS indexed.
- F2F meetings discussion: Since many board members will be present both in Bonn and Paris, 2 F2F meetings are possible.
- FOSS4G palnning hangout scheduled for May 17th 16 UTC, to be further discussed on mailing list.
- OSGeo Project Governance.
- Angelos provided an update on behalf of OSGeo-Live project: project reviews to be completed on June 7th.
- It was discussed that we need to do a regular 'health check' on OSGeo projects.
- This is the board's responsibility, we have project officers report to the board for this reason.
- A working group was formed (Jeff Johnson, Jeff McKenna, Michael Smith, Angelos Tzotsos) to contact project officers, to look at project health and AGM reporting requirement.
- OSGeo website/rebranding update
- Jeff Johnson provided an update on the status of the website/rebranding project
- There is a "choose the technology" idea from Jody to be implemented on the new site.
- Discussion was made about how to add content to the new site and if we need to fund maintenance of the new site.
- Discussion about MoU with International Geographical Union. It was decided to proceed with IGU MOU negotiation, and clarify MOU details on email list.
- Incubation Update: The board welcomes Oskari to the OSGeo family as they enter the incubation program.
- Action item (Jody): Press release to welcome Oskari to the OSGeo incubation program.
- Marketing Update: OSCon event. The board would like to thank all volunteers at the OSGeo booth at this event.
- Travel Grant discussion: A proposal was made to approve 10k for foss4g travel grant (to be distirbuted to foss4g loc, or confernece committee depending on negotiaton). We need input from Conference Committee. Hangout meeting was set for next Monday to discuss. Discussion moved to Loomio.
- Action item (Helena): Next Board meeting date to be decided through email.
|MOT1: Approve previous board meeting minutes on 2017-04-12||Helena, Maria, Jody, Angelos, Sanghee,||https://www.loomio.org/d/lntLza43/approve-board-meeting-minutes-2017-04-12- Passed||https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-04-12|
|MOT2 Schedule f2f meetings in paris and boston, using baord travel budget to assist with travel/accomidation as needed.||Helena, Michael, Maria, Angelos, Sanghee||https://www.loomio.org/d/lkbmywf0/f2f-boston-paris-meetings-discussion Passed|
|MOT4 Approve the formation of a "working group for project reports with initial members Michael Smith, Angelos Tzotsos, Jeff Johnson and Jeff McKenna looking at project health and AGM reporting requirement.||Jody, Angelos, Helena, Sanghee, Maria, Michael||https://www.loomio.org/d/vk5wodfu/osgeo-project-governance-working-group Passed|
|MOT5: Proceed with IGU MOU negotiation, clarify MOU on email list.||Jody, Maria, Helena, Michael, Angelos, Sanghee||https://www.loomio.org/d/3VCnwQ9a/osgeo-igu-mou Passed|
|MOT6 Approve 10k for foss4g travel grant (to be distirbuted to foss4g loc, or confernece committee depending on negotiaton this week).||Jody, Sanghee, Michael, Helena||Angelos||https://www.loomio.org/d/YSveMCqt/osgeo-travel-grant-budget Passed|