FOSS4G-BE 2017 Call for Sponsors
FOSS4G Belgium 2017
After the very succesful FOSS4G Belgium event in 2015, OSGeo.be will organise another edition of the FOSS4G Belgium Conference on Thursday 26 October 2017.
FOSS4G conferences gather developers and users of Open Source geospatial software as well as managers and decision-makers from around the world to discuss new directions, exciting implementations, and growing business opportunities in this domain. Recent years have seen substantial changes in the geospatial industry. One of those changes has been the growth in maturity and adoption of Free and Open Source solutions. In many cases organizations are using a mixture of open and closed source solutions.
We are looking for sponsors who want to support this event.
Target Audience and Structure of the Event
The goal of the conference is to target a broad audience of at least 300 participants.
There will be plenary sessions with a high-level keynote speaker (tbd), a main track with presentations of use cases, one side track targeting IT-officers and covering the practicalities of the use of FOSS4G in institutional settings, and a second side track targeting developers of FOSS4G.
Presentations and debates with be both in English and in the major official languages of Belgium: Dutch and French.
See the event web page for more information.
Date and Venue
The event will take place on October 26, 2017 in the beautiful new conference facilities of the [http://www.environnement.brussels/ Environment and Energy Agency] of the Brussels Capital Region which supports the event by providing the location.
Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
The following table lists the lower limits of different sponsoring levels and the corresponding benefits sponsors get at the event for their support:
|Niveau||Prix||Select your place||Mention on stage||Parking||CV before the event||Exhibition space||Page in programme||"Poster Track" in Auditorium||"Poster Track" in Aqua & Sylva||Logo on main web page||Logo on web page of sponsors||List of participants||Access to the CV after the event||Offer|
|Platinum||1000 €||X||X||2||X||X||X (1 page)||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Gold||750 €||1||X||X||X (1/2 page)||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
- Select our place: The organization will provide a map of the stands and conference rooms. The Platinum sponsor will be able to choose first the place of his stand in the Atrium and the place for the “Track Poster” in the conference room.
- Mention on stage: The Platinum sponsors will have the logo of their organization placed on scene in the Auditorium.
- Carpark: The Platinum sponsors will receive two parking spaces on the site of Turn & Taxi for event.
The Gold Sponsors will profit only one.
- Access to the CV before the event: Following many request, the organization puts on the Web an email box for CV’s; those will be available before the event for our sponsors Platinum and Gold.
- Exhibition space: A place with a table two chairs and electrical plug in the Atrium for the sponsors Gold and Platinum.
- Page in the program: A whole page is booked for our sponsors Platinum, half for our Gold sponsors.
Our sponsors will have to provide us logo & image and text for October 15th, 2017 at the latest.
- "Poster Track": We invite our sponsors to develop their activity and their commitment in the Open Source community. Starting from the level Bronzes, we solicit our sponsors so that they prepare a poster showing a development or specific project developing their company in a project using mainly components of the Open Source community.
These posters will be exposed in the various conferences. - The sponsors Gold and Platinum will have the privilege to expose in the Auditorium - The sponsor Bronze will be able to expose in the rooms Aqua and Sylva
- Logo on main web page: The sponsors beyond Bronze have their logo of company taken again on all the Web site pages.
- Logo on web page of sponsors: From sponsors Bronzes their logo of company taken again on the page sponsor and in the papers publications refer the event of Foss4G-Belgium
- List of participants: We will transmit to our sponsors the list of the participants registered having made their agreement, one week before the event
- Access to the CV after the event: The CV receipt by the organization will be transmitted to our sponsors, shortly after the event.
- Offer: We offer space for our sponsors to publish specific jobs in geomatics.
If you are interested in sponsoring FOSS4G-BE then please contact email@example.com.
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo), is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of open source geospatial software, and promote its widespread use. The foundation provides financial, organizational and legal support to the broader open source geospatial community. It also serves as an independent legal entity to which community members can contribute code, funding and other resources, secure in the knowledge that their contributions will be maintained for public benefit. OSGeo also serves as an outreach and advocacy organization for the open source geospatial community, and provides a common forum and shared infrastructure for improving cross-project collaboration.
The foundation's projects are all freely available and useable under an OSI-certified open source license.
Why Sponsor OSGeo
- Your Organization Depends on OSGeo Software - Your company or government agency uses OSGeo technologies in its day-to-day work, allowing you to compete effectively and deliver services in an efficient manner. By helping sustain OSGeo you also support your current operations into the future knowing that a strong OSGeo is behind your business activities.
- You represent a Community of Practice that has Adopted OSGeo Software - Communities representing a wide range of domains, from professional associations to non-government organizations, leverage OSGeo software as a critical component of their end-user applications. Your community has an interest in ensuring the software can be sustained into the future. By sponsoring OSGeo you demonstrate support for your members' software selection.
- Your Goals are aligned with OSGeo's Support for Open Standards and Other Priorities - Help achieve your own organization's objectives by sponsoring OSGeo as a like-minded organization and benefit from the volunteer efforts of a rapidly growing world-wide community.
- Demonstrate Your Leadership in Open Source Geospatial Technologies - By sponsoring OSGeo you will help align your business with the activities of thousands of adopters of OSGeo software around the world. As a sponsor of OSGeo, you will align your business growth with the momentum behind OSGeo in the marketplace.
- Benefit from Sponsor Networking Opportunities - As a sponsor of OSGeo, you will benefit from unique opportunities to meet and share ideas with key members of OSGeo, other OSGeo sponsors and affiliated like-minded individuals and organizations.
The Belgian chapter aims at translating the general OSGeo missions to the Belgian context by organising networking and information events.