FOSS4G 2010 Code Sprint
- Wladimir Szczerban, Enric Rodellas
Code Sprint - what's that?
A code sprint is usually organized by a group that is using an open source project and wants to see something done. They fly the developers to a single location and feed them for a couple of days with the necessities of the hacking life (internet, caffeine, electricity). The communication that happens from face to face hacking usually lasts the project for a year or more. You see this a lot in projects like Drupal etc...
For map and more details see
- Date: Friday, 10 Sep 2010 (the day after the conference).
- Time: 9am-5pm (timeandate)
- Where: Citilab-Cornellà
Citilab-Cornellà Phone: +34 93 551 06 60 Fax: +34 93 551 06 78 web Citilab Pl. Can Suris s/n 08940 Cornellà de Llobregat (Barcelona)
- Rooms: A+B+C
- online maps
We will have three buses to CodeSprint.
The bus schedule is:
9 am: Plaza Spain - Citilab (CodeSprint)
6 pm: Citilab - Plaza Spain.
More than 100 attendees are expected!
Motivation and Direction
A day, a code base, and your imagination?
Projects can use the time and venue for organizational discussions, development roadmaps, and group resolution of thorny issues in their code bases.
Is this your First Sprint? Here is some background information to get you started:
- Example Sprint (from same people who do GeoServer): http://www.openplans.org/projects/bbq-sprint
Additional Interested People
The following people are potentially interested in participating in sprinting activities though have not yet established a Workgroup.
- Frank Warmerdam: GDAL, MapServer, PROJ.4, OSGeo4W
- Mike Smith: GDAL, MapServer, PROJ.4, OSGeo4W
- Ari Jolma: GDAL
- Chaitanya kumar CH: GDAL
- Andrea Aime: GeoServer, GeoTools
To participate, copy a project skeleton and start a section below for your project.
- Tim Schaub
- Christopher Schmidt
- Eric Lemoine
- Xurxo Méndez
- Andreas Hocevar
- Pierre Giraud
- Julien-Samuel Lacroix
- Britta Duve
- Make OpenLayers 2.x awesomer.
- Make OpenLayers 3.0 a reality (or closer to it).
- Bastian Schäffer
- Person 1
- Technical disucssions about 52°North WPS
Geomajas Code Sprint
- Pieter De Graef
- Jan De Moerloose
- Joachim van der Auwera
- Dirk Frigne
- Frank Maes
- Oliver May
- Improving getting started documentation
- Create a GeoJson service, so that an OpenLayers client can make use of a Geomajas server.
- Create a Geomajas DataStore for GeoTools.
- Work toward plug-in graduation (documentation + tests)
- Paul Ramsey
- Olivier Courtin
- Mark Cave-Ayland
- Pierre Racine
- Vincent Picavet
- David Zwarg (remote)
- Synchronize fall development goals
- Discuss ISO type extensions
- Discuss official raster integration issues
- Discuss OGR based SQL loader
- Discuss build simplification
- Astrid Emde
- Christoph Baudson
- Javi Carrasco
- Arnulf Christl
- Anne Blankert
- Till Adams
- Christian Willmes
- getting started
- Disscuss about how is possible to migrate NavTable to gvSIG 2.0.
- Talk about usability
- Labelling and Symbology
- Project Preferences
Interested in localization of the LiveDVD as asked on the mailing list? http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/live-demo/2010-August/002518.html
You find informations about the OSGeoLive translation at Live_GIS_Add_Project#Translations
- Discuss localization to german, spanish, ....
- getting started.
- translate the documentation to german ;) to get the OSGeoLiveDVD ready for Intergeo in october 2010
- English documentation to duplicate is here:
- Daniel Morissette
- Michael Smith
- Steve Lime (via IRC)
- Stephan Meissl
- Jeff McKenna
- Alan Boudreault (via IRC)
- Thomas Bonfort
- Yewondwossen Assefa (via IRC)
- Discuss 6.0 release plans (if enough members of the PSC/Devs are present)
The Mapnik project is planning a code sprint in London in late september.
Therefore, no current plans for sprinting post foss4g (Dane in particular is going to the beach).
But, get in touch with Dane if you are interested in meeting up during foss4g (User:Springmeyer)