Geodata Committee Fourteenth Meeting
Time and Date
Thursday, 23rd August 2007 at 1500UTC / 1600 UK / 1700 EU / 1100 East Coast / 0800 West Coast
Communication will use the Conference Call facilities.
- Report on the progress of the OSGeo Edu dataset
- Distributing post-processed MODIS data - what are peoples requirements and interests?
- Hosting Custom Scenery Project sources and scripts at OSGeo
- Canadian Geodata dataset for FOSS4G
- New Geodata Committee chair / governance structure?
Just in case you're having time to discuss: For the purpose of the Custom Scenery Project, is there any chance to get pan-sharpened and color-adjusted infrared bands from Landsat?
conversation ongoing about landsat distribution: http://t1.hypercube.telascience.org/tiles/landsat7
< markusN> a Geodata Committee roadmap is needed
OSGeo Edu dataset
< markusN> Download at http://www.grassbook.org/data_menu3rd.php (currently V0.6). We will publish too as SHAPE/Geotiff and such and also plan to put it into geonetwork at telascience and more; metadata forthcoming; we completed quite a bit, reprojected to ONE projection and such; license will be a creative commons license; sources are public sources from NC/US; Related FOSS4G2007 talk: "OSGeo sample dataset for research, development and education"