- 1 About the Italian OSGeo Chapter and GFOSS.it
- 2 Italian chapter mission
- 3 Italian community contributions and resources
- 4 Events
- 5 Meetings
- 6 Italian OSGeo Chapter Officers
- 7 Founder Charter member
About the Italian OSGeo Chapter and GFOSS.it
The Italian OSGeo Local Chapter was formally accepted by the OSGeo Board of Directors at the September 7, 2007 meeting.
The Italian OSGeo Local Chapter is based on the existing association "Associazione Italiana per l'Informazione Geografica Libera (GFOSS.it)".
GFOSS.it was founded by the Italian GFOSS community during the 8th GRASS e GFOSS (Palermo, February 14-16, 2007) annual meeting. The Italian community includes many professional, university and government members with long national and international experience in the field of the Geomatics and Free and Open Source Software.
The objectives of the GFOSS.it are:
- Promote the development, the diffusion and the protection of Free and Open Source Software for geo-informatics.
- Promote Open Standards for geo-informatics and the free access to geographic data.
- Promote contact among developers and users within the community and between the community and external bodies.
- Foster and coordinate the translation, localization and internationalization of software and documentation for geo-informatics.
- Promote relationships with other national and international associations, and with government agencies and private companies.
Italian chapter mission
Italian Local Chapter mission is to respect OSGeo Guidelines on local chapters and continue supporting all Italian Community contributions to FOSS GIS community. Main goal is that of the OSGeo foundation: to encourage the use and collaborative development of community-led projects.
Italian community contributions and resources
This part shows the Italian community contributions on the web:
- GFOSS site - the site of the first italian Geospatial Free and Open Source Software community.
- GFOSS mailing list - the first meeting point of the community.
- The IRC channel: #osgeo-it (former #gfoss) on irc.freenode.net irc://irc.freenode.net/#osgeo-it - also bridged to matrix
- Italian GRASS users site
- Italian GRASS users mailing list
- (2000) 1st Italian GRASS Meeting, Politecnico di Milano - Campus Como, Italy, 28 Jan 2000
- (2001) 2nd Italian GRASS Meeting, University of Trento, Italy, 1-2 Feb 2001
- (2002) 3rd Italian GRASS Meeting, University of Trieste, Italy, Jan 31 - Feb 1 2002
- (2002) Open Source Free Software GIS - GRASS users conference, Trento, Italy, 11-13 Sep 2002
- (2003) 4th Italian GRASS Meeting, University of Firenze, Italy, 13-14 Feb 2003
- (2004) 5th Italian GRASS Meeting, University of Padova, Italy, 5-6 Feb 2004
- (2005) 6th Italian GRASS Meeting, University of Rome, Italy, 14-15 Apr 2005
- (2006) 7th Italian GRASS Meeting, University of Genova, Italy, 23-24 feb 2006
- (2007) 8th GRASS and GFOSS annual Meeting, Palermo University, Italy, 14-15-16 Feb 2007
- (2008) 9th GRASS-GFOSS user meeting, Faculy of Engineering, Perugia, Italy,20-22 Feb 2008
- (2008) 1st GFOSS day , Pontedera, Italy
- (2009) 10th GRASS GFOSS Italian user meeting, CRS4, Cagliari, Italy - 26-27 Feb 2009
- (2009) GFOSS DAY 2009, Bolzano, Italy, 11-12 Nov 2009
- (2010) 11th GRASS and FOSS4G Italian language user meeting, IST-SUPSI, Lugano, Switzerland, 11-12 Feb 2010
- (2010) GFOSS DAY 2010, Foligno, Italy, 18-19 Nov 2010
- (2011) 12th GRASS and FOSS4G-IT user meeting, 9-11 Feb 2011, Trento, Italy
- (2011) GFOSS DAY 2011, Foggia, Italy, 24-25 Nov 2011
- (2012) 13th GRASS and FOSS4G-IT user meeting, 15-17 Feb 2012, Trieste, Italy
- (2012) GFOSS DAY 2012, Torino, Italy, 14-17 Nov 2012
- (2013) 14th GRASS and FOSS4G-IT user meeting, 6-9 Feb 2013, Genova, Italy
- (2013) GFOSS Day 2013, 10-11 Oct 2013, Bologna, Italy
- (2014) 15th GRASS and FOSS4G-IT user meeting, 12-14 Feb 2014, Palermo, Italy
- (2014) GFOSS Day 2014, 7-8 Nov 2014, Ancona, Italy
- (2015) 16th GRASS and FOSS4G-IT user meeting, 19 Feb 2015, Bologna, Italy
- (2015) GFOSS DAY 2015, 28-29 Set 2016, Lecco, Italy
- (2016) 17th GRASS and FOSS4G-IT user meeting, 11-12 Feb 2016, Parma, Italy
- (2016) GFOSS DAY 2016, 7-9 Oct 2016, Cagliari, Italy
- (2017) FOSS4G IT 2017, 8-11 Feb 2017, Genova, Italy
- FOSS4G-IT 2018, 11-12 Feb 2016, Parma, Italy
Regular meetings of the GFOSS.it association Steering Board are held by IRC channel.
The annual meeting of the GFOSS.it is held within the Annual GRASS GFOSS Italian user conference.
Italian OSGeo Chapter Officers
Italian OSGeo Representative
GFOSS.it Steering Board (Consiglio direttivo)
Address: Via G. Bovio 4, Prato
E-mail: info at gfoss dot it
Members of current Board of Counsellors: http://www.gfoss.it/index.php/associazione/organi-associativi
Italian OSGeo Chapter Coordinators
A delegate of the GFOSS.it association is elected by the Board for each mandate.
The current "liason officer" role is covered by TBD.
In general: the liaison officer/s can be reached through the address: osgeo_liaison_officer (at) gfoss.it
Founder Charter member