From OSGeo Wiki
This page lists all sites and activities regarding OSGeo in other languages and with regional focus. Please check the Local Chapter Guidelines to find out how to become an official OSGeo Local Chapter. For a quick overview see Local_Chapters/Starting.
Find the full overview in our Category: Local Chapters.
Local Chapter Initiatives
Local Chapters are operated in their corresponding native language. Please also subscribe to the International Outreach mailing list.
- Africa: Mainly South Africa but with members from many other countries in Africa. Started formal process post FOSS4G 2008.
- Arabic Language
- Aust-NZ: Australia / New Zealand
- Bolivia: For local GIS help
- Brasil: Just trying to get the users moving, maybe later we could create a proper entity to act as an OSGeo embassy.
- Canada: Nation-wide effort brainstorming page
- China (OSGeo中国)
- Danmark Covering Denmark (and potential connections to southern Sweden/Øresund region)
- Deutsch Language
- Dutch Language (Belgium and the Netherlands. Also open for Dutch antilles, South Africa and others speaking dutch)
- Español Language: joining the Sudamerica and the Spanish effort
- Francophone Language: Not just a beginning anymore, a reality :)
- Hungary and Hungarian Language
- Israel Language: Gathering Hebrew speaking associates. Will be announced nationally on March 14th 2007
- Italiano Language
- Japan (OSGeo日本支部)
- Korea Language (OSGeo 한국어)
- Nordic An initiative to form a local OSGeo chapter for the all the Nordic countries.
- Pacific Islands Chapter: The Pacific Islands Chapter
- Portugal Estão em formação os grupos de trabalho! Alista-te em Grupos de Trabalho.
- United Kingdom
- North America Regional
- United States of America
- Nepal: Initiation of OSGEO Nepal Chapter
- European Network: A page to define a common set of interests between all European Chapters